HRM question

Options
This may be a dumb question but I just got my new polar HRM. I am loving it!

Does anyone wear the watch all the time (like just as a daily watch) or just use it when working out?

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I wear it all the time because I hate looking at my phone for the time and I'm lazy.

But I only use the HRM setting during workouts, I heard you're not supposed to have it turned on all day though I'm not sure why.
  • emablu
    emablu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love my HRM - I wore it on an average day once to determine how much I burn without a work-out; otherwise, I only wear it when working out. I was surprised to see on my "average" day that I burned about 200 more calories than I was eating. I haven't been losing weight and my trainer advised me to increase what I ate and eat more of the right things vs. emtpy calories & highly processed foods. LOVE my HRM - it's changed the way I work-out and made me more aware of calories burned and consumed. Hope that helps.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I wear it all the time because I hate looking at my phone for the time and I'm lazy.

But I only use the HRM setting during workouts, I heard you're not supposed to have it turned on all day though I'm not sure why.

I have a crappy digital watch and don't see the point of switching when I'm done working out. I might just wear the Polar watch all the time but the strap only when I work out.