Do you guys feel guilty after Thanksgiving?

Options
2»

Replies

• fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Felt guilty for maybe the first hour after dinner because I felt like I couldnt breath :laugh: but no regrets, and I had about 2500 calories. it's one day a year where my entire family got together and i just enjoyed it. went back to the gym the next day and then worked out twice today, once the weekday starts i'll be back in my old routine and it's all good. :drinker:
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had two days way over calorie goal, and today I had a normal good day. I was out of town at relatives for a whole week, so I don't consider two bad days to be too bad. The rest of the time I was under calorie goal and I exercised every day except Thanksgiving itself. I wanted to enjoy the holiday. I did, but I wish I would not have indulged that second day. So a little guilty.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty at all. I had a blast Thursday and Friday and jumped back on the horse today! It was nice. I was refreshed and ready to go!

Give yourself a break! With that said, it's taken me a good while to not feel guilty for every calorie all the time!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Nope, no guilt here. It's one day in my life.
  • mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i did but then got pelted when i said somethin about it..... lol some people can just be rude
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Why the guilt?
    This is supposed to be a lifestyle change and you still have to live in the real world. If you feel guilt for a day of indulgence with family and friends then this is more like a punishment plan and food is a guilty indulgence rather than a fact of life. Our social culture does tend to revolve around food to an extent and it's ok to moderate most of the time and indulge infrequently without the guilt.

Lettuce is not a corporal punishment and cake is not a reward. They are both food and both appropriate at different times.

Very well put.....Cheers:drinker:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Why the guilt?
    This is supposed to be a lifestyle change and you still have to live in the real world. If you feel guilt for a day of indulgence with family and friends then this is more like a punishment plan and food is a guilty indulgence rather than a fact of life. Our social culture does tend to revolve around food to an extent and it's ok to moderate most of the time and indulge infrequently without the guilt.

Lettuce is not a corporal punishment and cake is not a reward. They are both food and both appropriate at different times.

^Very well put.

My life involves food and holiday. I'm not going to feel guilty for that. Guilt is an appropriate feeling for doing something wrong, and enjoying an extravagant meal on a special day with family is not something wrong.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I planned on not dieting for those two days (Thanksgiving plus leftover day). Trying to calculate a scoop of everything would have made me crazy. Thankfully, I didnt eat a mountain of food because my stomach felt full sooner. I had one plate with no food touching other food, a couple small pieces of pie throughout the day and leftovers in my lunch. I gained o.4 lbs which could easily be from all the sodium. No guilt. If anything I feel more sane not counting each calorie for those two days.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Not in the slightest.

It's one day, don't sweat it. It's over, just get back on track.

You can do this!
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    "Nope and not for the two days after either:)"

Ditto

What little I gain I will loose again. If I weigh the same the time before Thanksgiving as right after New Years, Ill be happy. In between I'll gain some and loose some, it all works out by not going way overboard and doing the normal most of the days.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Not at all for Thanksgiving, but a little bit for going overboard with the leftovers over the past couple days!!