Social MFP suicide!

Options

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    go. eat everything you want. enjoy it. end.
  • trikomo
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Don't log food but check in that way it doesn't say u didn't miss a day.....
  • TigressPat
    Options
    usually the first one is a salad course. eat it without or with very little dressing. Eat your veg. eat some protein, preferably lean. stop eating when you are full, and don't worry about sending back full plates or refusing them outright if you don't want the temptation of it in front of you. People do that all the time at weddings. For one thing, eight courses will probably stretch for 2-3 hours. People move around, dance, talk, socialize, they aren;t always in their seats to eat each course. Be wary of the multiple desserts.

Alternately, do what many suggested and take the day off, enjoy yourself and work harder next week.

Have fun!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Dance it all off!!!

I like this idea the best! :bigsmile:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Portion control, Portion control and Portion control.

Then after dinner.....Dance....Dance.....Dance!!!!!!

Forget the logging for the day. Get back at it the day after.

Have Fun.
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to learn how to eat socially. I try to go to most of the events I'm invited to. If it's to a restaurant I go on line and

check out the menu and try to plan what I eat. If I don't know what is on the menu eat before you leave your house so you are not

starving, then do your best and have a good time. Splurge o the wedding cake and maybe a drink. Go to the gym tomorrow and

have a good time. All you can do is the best you can do.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Eat everything on your plate, drink all the alcohol. Dance some of it off on the dance floor! I love weddings

EDIT: And, unlike others have suggested, try to log everything. One of the courses is probably going to be a salad so that helps too. Also, do NOT eat the bread rolls and butter on the table. DO NOT DO IT
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I would recommend trying to one-up your food calories with your alcohol calories. Bonus points if you're double-fisting beers.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1) Before you go to the wedding, write in your notes section of your diary "at a wedding" log the day and forget it. Day over as far as logging is concerned.

2) Go to wedding.

3) Eat a bit of everything. Drink some champagne. Tell the bride she is beautiful and tell the groom he is a lucky man.

4) Enjoy. Have a dance or two if you want. Boogie the night away if you are inclined to do so.

5) Get up the next day, have some headache tablets to fight the champagne demon and begin logging again.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    only 1 or 2 glasses of alcohol for the whole evening? it's a wedding!
    have fun, eat until you are satisfied. have some booze, and dance that **** off! don't worry about logging, one night won't sabotage you. have fun!!
  • KywongRP
    Options
    Eat and enjoy. One special occasion isn't going to break you. Just eat smaller quantities
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Kick the groom, insult the bride's mother and make sexy eyes to the bride. You'll get kicked out before the meal. Write a movie deal and not worry about you weight ever again.

Or just eat.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Don't sweat it. It's a special occasion. Get back on track the day after.

This is what I would of said, in more words, probably.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what an 8 course meal would entail as I've never even heard of one bigger than 4 course (soup, salad, entree, and dessert).
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have found no one really notices what I am eating or doing at a function like this. If you are lucky, life will happen for another 50 or more years. Please enjoy the day and eat until you are happy (not full!)

The bride and groom, or their families, put out a lot of money for YOUR enjoyment! Enjoy!!

You can always tack on a 1/2 hr of extra exercise each day for a week if it makes you feel better.

I hope you have a lovely time! I will be checking for the drunk posting:laugh:
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    I usually try to bank my calories when I know I'm going out. I eat small snacks during the day and then one big meal at the event. Seems to work for me. It's easier to limit myself at home so I can eat what I want when I go out:)) Good luck!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Make healthy choices, given what your options are.

Drink water, tea, coffee, or other very low calorie beverages.
    Skip the bread.
    Small helpings of carbs
    Big helpings of meat and veggies
    Small desserts.
    Don't put dressing on your salad and skip the butter

Enjoy yourself. It' s just one day.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Either say "screw it!" and enjoy the wedding, no worries!

OR

If you feel the need to log, take pics of all your plates prior to eating off them. Any one asks say you are photo journaling. I tried it at our last party at work, and that really worked for me. Then even in a drunken stupor, you will remember what you ate :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Either say "screw it!" and enjoy the wedding, no worries!

OR

If you feel the need to log, take pics with your cell phone of all your plates prior to eating off them. Any one asks say you are photo journaling. I tried it at our last party at work, and that really worked for me. Then even in a drunken stupor, you will remember what you ate :laugh:

ETA sorry about the double post, I am uploading to YouTube which has apparently freaked my laptop out. Or perhaps this is MY drunken post... :wink: