Do you have 'cheat meals'?

Options
2»

Replies

• GetFitCarly
    Options
    Yes I do been having a lot lately need to get back into it but finding no motivation
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat treats whenever I want, I just fit them into my caloric allotment
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't diet, I just adopted a better lifestyle. No such thing as "cheating". I just do my best to stay under my calorie goal, but if I go over one day no big deal. Can't cheat on a lifestyle.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a cheat meal when I have finished my last "active" bc pill. Ya know, right before a period. I usually treat myself to a fast food meal that day such as Long John silvers or Wendy's. I have still lost over twenty lbs doing that, and it keeps me from going hormonally postal which my hubz appreciates. :wink: Hope that helps!
  • pixcompu
    Options
    As said in the responses before, its healthy have that "cheat meals" once in a week :smile: , i personally adjust them to stay under my calorie/protein/fat/sodium/sugar goal
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't diet, I just adopted a better lifestyle. No such thing as "cheating". I just do my best to stay under my calorie goal, but if I go over one day no big deal. Can't cheat on a lifestyle.

I do this as well - once a week, I ignore my calorie goal and eat what I want, and make sure that most days I'm a bit under my calorie goal.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I dont schedule them. They just come up. Mostly eating at others houses. I say no to every piece of junk food at work though.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    No cheat meals for me. My intention is to build a lifestyle that I can live with the rest of my life. To me that means not excluding foods but finding a way to include everything in moderation.

To me, "cheat" meals implies certain foods are good or bad; it isn't either one. It's how we perceive and use those foods.

However you proceed, best wishes on your journey to g good health. You can do this!
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I agree with our partner wimeezer. To me there is not really a "cheat meal". I eat everything but I weight everything so I know what I am eating -or drinking-. In my case I really do not feel the need of having a 1000 cal dinner. I found out that by now, I don't need a huge piece of pie. If I eat a small piece I enjoy it as well -I love sweets-.
    If I want to have a large cal dinner it has to be because I eat exactly what I like in the quantity I like, and not what is imposed in a setup portion...
    I would call a hot dog or a burger meal a "cheat meal" if I would eat 1000 cals per day and 800 of them were boiled broccoli, respecting everyone's weight losing style and habits.
    My point is that if you eat right you can eat everything and anything. Why deprive yourself when you can enjoy everything?
    Feel free to add me and see my dairy to prove it.
    I just log it and move on. I now plan for my fun things to eat like my boyfriend's pancakes. I just don't eat them everyday.
    I think the mindset "cheating" is something not really helpful for me...I think of it as just moderation. (I am a compulsive over-eater though.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    And I agree with our partner Sarah.. I just say no to improper food, like the junk at the office. I prefer a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice or a fruit..
    I dont schedule them. They just come up. Mostly eating at others houses. I say no to every piece of junk food at work though.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    There are times when I know my calorie intake will exceed what I should be eating. - just as they did on Thanksgiving. I do not consider this a cheat meal or cheat day. Its just part of life.