Greetings From the Great White North!

Options
Hello Everyone!

I would just like to say, I have been doing a lot of reading in the forums and I cry at each and every one of your progresses!! Truly inspirational to a newb like me. .

I am a survivor of two back to back rotten relationships, 16 yrs in total, it took a lot out of me, yet I found the courage to finally step out of that life this year. It came a time where I needed to find me and take care of me. I started with a life coach this week to get the "total health" package happening, mind, body and spirit.

Dieting since July, in the throes of depression and PTSD, I would do well for about a week or 2 max, then hit a wall, slide back into the black abyss and stall out for 2-3 weeks. Reading up on both subjects prescribe diet and excercise, it's hard to motivate yourself when all you want to do is eat and mope! I hated that feeling, I NO longer want that feeling. I have been here for about 2 weeks, I did have that sliding feeling once, had a piece of cake and got back on the horse :-)

Coming from a family of food enablers, I have been battling my weight all my life. I was always the tallest, heaviest girl in school. For years now my goal has been to be under 200 lbs, I wouldn't care if I sat at 199.9 for the rest of my life, I would be happy! We have a life scale at work that measures weight and body fat and the new goal is to get into my healthy BMI, it hits you hard when they send you the weekly reports that say "you are obese".

I now have to look after my kids and I need to teach them a healthy, loving life. I can't do that until I learn to love myself, which brings me here on a small part of my journey.

Please add me as I will need a lot of encouragement, I do not want to hit the walls anymore, I'm in this for the long haul :-)

PS....I don't have a lot of extra cash for a gym membership, can anyone tell me what I can do at home? I like walking, but I'm a winter wuss (too darn cold!) LOL....I have done the 30 day shred (almost completed, quit 3 days before the end!!) I have a mini stepper that I use with resistance bands, an excercise ball and free weights. Is that good enough?