Neep some support

Options
Been sick since Christmas, found this site and started full force and know I have pneumonia in my left lung and a touch in my right. So no exercising and coughing non stop. Took a high dose shot of antibiotics and 2000mg Augmittn and an inhaler twice a day. Was told to eat heavy and often as the 2000mg of antibiotics will make me dizzy and sick to stomach.

Any suggestion other than suck it up get well and then start over.

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Great better! Get some rest! And do what you can do until you are back to your old self.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My brother had it last year and it really really can wipe you out! It took him nearly 6 months to get his strength back and even till he could return to work!.
    Do what the Doctors tell you. You can put things right once you are back to full health.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery x
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    That is a heavy dose of medication. When your body is processing all that medication, plus you're coughing and trying to recover, it needs more calories to function. Stick to high calorie, high nutrion foods--I would add a protein shake or the like. The more calories your body gets, the quicker your body can recuperate, As for the exercising, walking is great and can help get your lungs in shape faster. Drink plenty of water, and you can always use exercise bands or light weights to keep your muscles moving--even if you're sitting on the couch! Get well soon!
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Any suggestion other than suck it up get well and then start over.

Sorry to be blunt. Which would you rather: lose a few pounds or lose your life? Sure the pall-bearers would have a bit easier time, but would your family have it easier.

This site is devoted to people getting healthy. Put the weight loss on hold. Get your lungs healthy. Then come back to the weight loss.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Remember - watch your dairy intake (it causes flem).... other than that... follow doctor's orders and get WELL:flowerforyou: !
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Just because they said eat heavy doesn't mean you have to go all out and load up on pizza and cheeseburgers. Your body needs nutrients right now, so eat healthy foods with lots of vitamins and nutrients. When you take the antibiotics, drink a glass of milk with them, it will help to coat your stomach so you won't get nauseated. Don't focus on your calories, just eat and try to get better. Think healthy foods though!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    GREAT advice, Courtney!!