New here - need pal - have MS & mobility problems

Options
Hi there!

My name is Donita & I've been sick since I was 34, I'm now 56. I've shattered both of my ankles. One had to be fused and the other one is bone on bone & can't be fixed. Exercise will always be a problem for me, but I have lowered my food intake significantly. I exercise as much as possible and if there was a place nearby to swim, I'd go there 3 x a week & exercise. I love to read and write. I'm working in a business (consulting) my husband started. I'm in charge of marketing. This has been one of my major business areas since I began working at 18. I love people and conversing with them. I think I could make a good partner to help someone lose weight. I'm good at encouraging others & have a positive attitude!

Have a great day & check out my profile!

Replies

• claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • octii
    octii Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi there! I've actually just been diagnosed with MS because I had a fit of optic neuritis recently that showed the brain lesions- I'd like to know more about how you coped/lived with it thus far because I know I gained a lot of weight from the medication/inability to work out.
  • Ksc1269
    Ksc1269 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and just found your post. I've had MS for a little over 20 years. I'm sending you a friend request!
    I don't have any friends here yet, but am looking forward to getting to know you.
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am 34, and I am lucky so far to have not had any significant health problems. I know a fair amount about fitness and nutrition; I am by no means a professional but have learned a lot through trial and error. I recently had my appendix out and before that a badly sprained ankle, and I had to adjust my eating habits a bit in accordance with being pretty sedentary for a month and a half.

May I ask if you are confined to a wheelchair? My mom's husband is in a wheelchair; he is a quadriplegic but he is very active so I can always get tips from him if you'd like :)

Sending you a friend request - I'm not on here much but please feel free to message me and I will of course get back to you! :)

PS - Huge kudos to you for not allowing your physical disabilities to hinder your eating habits and exercise - gives the rest of us absolutely no excuse!! You're an inspiration!