12 lbs makes a big diff for my RA!

Options
kalghoul
kalghoul Posts: 14 Member
I have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) and my knee and shoulder often would bother me. I have now lost more than 12 pounds and my knee has stopped hurting when I go on long walks! I can exercise vigorously and feel great! My rheumatologist was very happy with my weight loss too--he said just 10 pounds takes a lot of stress of the joints!!' Yay!

Replies

• getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is huge, living in pain is no fun
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story on your weight loss and how it`s helped your Rheumatoid Arthritis. I too have RA and I just lost 12 lbs. starting this program the First of November. I find a big difference in my knee pain as well and my Other joints that ache. Nice to know that it`s the weight loss that`s making this pain go away. Ì needed to read this today obviously, so I can be inspired to keep on keeping on this program. :smile:
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    So happy for all of you with RA in the thread! That is so beautiful. My mother has some issues herself & I'm determined to prove to her that her weight loss can really help fix a lot of them. Definitely showing her this thread. Thank you so much! Best of luck & wishes to you! :heart:
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awww, YAY! That must feel great. I'm glad!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!