Cabin Fever!

Options
Hey guys!
I live in Virginia and I've only left the house a couple of times in the past week. I'm a teacher and we went to school on Thursday only on a 2 hour delay. It's snowing right now and has been on and off since yesterday morning. I was just wondering how you guys deal with cabin fever. I don't feel like doing ANYTHING! I'm going to do a Turbo Jam session today, but yesterday I did squat. I also ate a little extra yesterday just because it was the weekend. I was really good Monday-Wednesday. Just curious if anyone else's health habits suffer a little when you are stuck inside!

Replies

• shuggy02
    Options
    I live in Chicago and we are more prepared than you Virginians for the snow, but suffer a longer season of cabin fever! This year winter started in November and is still going strong! If I'm stuck inside and can't get out for a walk I have several exercise dvd's and a yoga ball that I will use. And if I really don't feel like doing anything I have a 30 minute workout dvd that I'll pop in. It goes really quickly and 30 minutes is nothing in a day of leisure!
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Hi,

I live in the MD/VA/DC area as well and am enjoying all this snow - just wish I had a mountain to ski on :) Wow - the snow is still coming and we are wondering how much we will end up with.
    A good walk in the snow will probably burn a lot of calories. I use my treadmill when the weather is bad. Just joined MFP this week and really like the site.
    Keep warm!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Being on the go versus being stuck in the house is a crazy weight factor for me. I lived in Guatemala for two months this winter and I lost 20 lbs because I was constantly on the go, I rarely sat still. But when I got home I gained it all back pretty quickly because all my friends were at university, I couldn't find a job and there was also way more food home than in Guatemala. But being home is so huge for me. I just get bored or sad that I'm bored and I eat more and more. Now I'm more busy and finally starting a job but when I'm stuck home I just try to keep myself busy. Watch tv (as far away from the kitchen as possible), do somethin online, have a nap, play cards with my parents.. something to keep my mind off of it. I try chewing gum and when I eat, I eat a big bowl of carrots to make me feel like Im eating a bunch aha. It's a hard thing to fight though.. I HATE IT!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I live in MD and all this snow is insane. We have 30 inches and its still falling. Cabin fever for sure. Luckily, the workout video I ordered arrived earlier this week. I usually go to the gym or run outside....won't be able to do that for a while! So, this video is helping me feel less like a slug. I like the idea of going for a walk in the snow. Since it is up to our thighs it will definitely be a calorie burning walk! Plus, the snow shoveling we will have to do will help, even though I hate it! Hang in there!