Droid app

Options
Well, I've already complained about the lack of an MFP app for us Droid users, so I won't belabor the point. However, if you're looking for a replacement app in the meantime to help you when you're on the go, there is an app that might help. It's called Calorie Counter by Fatsecret; it works pretty similarly to this site, with a few exceptions. First, in the exercise category it automatically sets you up every day with 8 hrs sleep and 16 hours resting, so when you enter exercise you take it away from one of those in order to add up to your total day's calorie burn. It also doesn't give you recommendations but simply gives you a net calorie loss/gain for the day and you need to figure out if you're on track or not (i.e. you're down 458 cals for today total). And finally, (this is something MFP designers should pay attention to!), when entering food, it has a barcode scan feature which allows you to simply scan the barcode of whatever you're eating (or the barcodes of whatever it's made of) and it will pop up with the food and allow you to enter in how much you ate. That is a very nifty feature, if I do say so myself.

Oh, and did I mention it's free? Yep. It's not MFP and it lacks buddies (and forums) but it will do until MFP comes out with a competitor, and it's great for when you're not sitting in front of your computer (which I personally am not much anymore). Hope this helps other Droid users on their weight loss journeys! Happy losing! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rschultzjr
    Options
    I agree with nightangelstars on the calorie counter by Fatsecret. It is pretty nice app, have found just a few things that when you scan the bar code displays the wrong item. But other than that this app is pretty sweet, no only when will MFP make an app for my Driod...