Thanksgiving in February

Options
My first post and boy do I need advice.... a friend of mine is making Thanksgiving dinner tonight to practice making a turkey for her friends because she has never made one... and doesn't want the first time she ever makes one to be on Thanksgiving day... cool idea but not cool when I just started to loose weight... any suggestions on how to eat and not be rude by not over indulging?:noway:

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Set up your menu before you go then offer to take leftovers home (this always worked with my Mom) so to say you aren't disappointed in her cooking but just can't eat all that she fixed.:bigsmile:
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for the help :flowerforyou:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    2 words: Portion. Control. You can always take home what you don't eat so you don't offend her...though I don't really see what's wrong with letting a friend know you're watching what you eat.
    Also, try to get a good workout sometime today so you have some extra calories. I'd also go easy on the gravy, and try not to avoid the turkey skin; it adds a TON of calories.
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    2 words: Portion. Control. You can always take home what you don't eat so you don't offend her...though I don't really see what's wrong with letting a friend know you're watching what you eat.
    Also, try to get a good workout sometime today so you have some extra calories. I'd also go easy on the gravy, and try not to avoid the turkey skin; it adds a TON of calories.

Thanks! And I love that you have planned an award! great idea!
  • pocostef
    Options
    Lots of veg, no potatoes, and no gravy - it's not as bad as it sounds!