Lifestyle changes,

Options
I've wanted to be thin since I was about fifteen years old. I'd get excited at the though of running and eating less while laying in bed, thinking it would be easy the next morning when I woke up.
It never, ever was easy. I eat to feel better, and when I have nothing to do.
Food is a cushion, eating is a coping method.
In my sophomore and junior years in highschool, I was around 5'8" and 190 lbs. I felt like a blob. I figured that I was just a big goofy girl and I would just have to learn how to deal with it.
Being the youngest of three girls, I feel like there is a lot of pressure to look your best, and I was always the biggest, not just the heaviest, but also the tallest.
My mother has been in and out of eating disorders, as well as addiction, since as long as I can remember. I just think that I had an unstable life growing up, and my self esteem was pretty much nonexistant. I felt like I wasn't in control of anything, and instead of doing anything about it, I would eat my feelings and barricade myself in my room for days, sleeping, eating and drawing.

I just want to say, in the past six months, I've lost about 25 lbs and I've never felt so comfortable with myself in my entire life. I've cut down my food intake, (It was extreeeeeeemely hard at first to not eat that daily chocolate or ice cream or smartfood like I'm used to..) but once I got into a habit of eating healther foods and smaller portions, I stopped thinking about it so much. It's just second nature now, to not eat until I'm uncomfortably full or when I'm having a bad day. I feel a lot better about myself, and I just keep wondering why I didn't do it sooner.
I also go jogging and do lots of push ups and sit ups, which I hate. I hate all forms of excercise until it's done, then I feel realllly accomplished. Is it the same for any of you guys?
I guess I just never took it seriously before. Life changes and you learn new ways to cope with and alter your lifestyle. I used to sit and dwell, now I'm constantly on the go and always trying to do better.

In the past six months, I've become a licensed tattoo artist, moved three hours away from home, gotten engaged, gotten a car, and basically put my life into overdrive because I'm thinking about the future.

I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, I just feel like I need to talk, so I do. I miss my home, I miss my friends and family, I miss my fiance, I miss everything, but I'm glad that this new place gives me the focus I need to better myself and my life. I want to be the best I can be and I want to be successful in my field of work, and I want to feel good about myself.

So yeah, if you read all that, kudos. I just wanted to talk a little.
I'm here for you guys if you want to talk! If not, have a good night, and thanks for reading.

-Shelby

Replies

• NewFrenchFemme
    NewFrenchFemme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelby,

Just wanted to say a big "well done" on your achievements so far. I feel the same as you about exercise(!!) but am starting a course of yoga sessions tomorrow so I'm hoping that inspires me.

You have made some amazing changes to your life and I'm so pleased you've found your true self. Stay happy!

Lynda
  • shelbyleigh56
    shelbyleigh56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelby,

Just wanted to say a big "well done" on your achievements so far. I feel the same as you about exercise(!!) but am starting a course of yoga sessions tomorrow so I'm hoping that inspires me.

You have made some amazing changes to your life and I'm so pleased you've found your true self. Stay happy!

Lynda

Thank you so much linda, and yoga is amazing! You'll have fun with it but be sore for a few days, hhaha :)