So I'm a Virgin I have.....

Options
13»

Replies

• laceface626
    Options
    -Watch the Bellagio fountain at least once, especially at night!
    -go to at least one buffet
    -go see Penn and Teller, they were awesome
    -walk through the shops in caesar's palace
    -go to fremont and see the old strip, go to the heart attack grill if you dare
    -make a sports bet or gamble
    -walk the strip, there are SO MANY things to do
    -people watch
    -get a fat tuesday drink
    -If you want discounted tickets to shows and discounts on buffets, go to tix4tonight, they have booths all around vegas
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Get married at one of the cheesy little chapels on the strip. That's what my grandparents did lol
    Grandparents so I take that it worked out for them.
    good for them.

Eh, more or less. I'm actually surprised they stayed together since my grandpa was a raging alcoholic and beat the kids. If I were my grandma, I would have left in a heartbeat!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I looked at the thread because of the poor grammar. I was wondering what the heck you were talking about.

That was the point, it made you look! Thanks for your useless contribution!:tongue:
    That's what I was thinking!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you are an Adrenaline Junkie, you HAVE to go to the top of the Stratosphere and do the rides up there.. 3 amusement park type rides and 1 where you jump off the top of the building with a deceleration cable attached to you.. Friggin' thrill of a lifetime!!
    We also enjoyed just walking through all the Hotels and, of course, Fremont Street..
    Enjoy!!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of free stuff to do and see. Many of the resorts are worth walking through and exploring.

The rides on top of Stratosphere are awesome. The roller coaster at NYNY is great too. We bought an all day ticket for the Stratosphere rides so we could do them during the day and then go back that night and do it in the dark. Same thing with the coaster at NYNY,

The fountains are awesome. Mirage has their volcano, and TI has the siren/pirate show that's good fun.

The fountains are neat to watch from the top of the Eiffel Tower too, I've got a great sequence of pictures from the tower. See them at night too.

MGM Grand is massive and worth a walk trough.

What my wife and I did was break up the strip into sections. We saw four resorts each day, and that 's all you'll have time for. Ceasars Palace and the Venician are massive.

For a strip view room without the premium Mandalay Bay charges, look at TI. We stayed there and I asked for a south facing room as high as possible in the west end of the tower. We had a great view right down the strip from the 31st floor.

JM
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Truly appreciate all of your comments! :smile:
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Have sex with a transfestite

Say wha?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Must Do - Change vacation to Florida instead
  • vv523
    vv523 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    transfestite??
    Have sex with a transfestite
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    There are a ton of things that you really should do to get the most out of your trip. Lets leave the strip for a moment, a short drive away is the Hover Dam and seeing it in person along with its history is truly amazing. Speaking of amazing, you should go to the Grand Canyon. You will see such beauty that you have probably never experienced before. There is something about the shear magnitude of it all that is just breath taking. A little word of advice, if you happen to see what looks like a little dust that is approaching you is a bit of wind, take cover or that crap will pelt you like someone has an automatic BB gun shooting at you in every direction. One of the most overlooked "attractions" on the strip is the Hotel Lobbies. Take a stroll through Paris and look up at the ceiling, or is that the sky, you will surely find something that makes you say "wow"; in fact, if there is only one buffet that you have I would recommend it be here. To say that it is fantastic, is an understatement. You will want to see the fountains at Belagio and the treasure ship outdoor show, and don't miss out on the Fremont Experiance. If you are in to "TV" shows, slide by the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop and check it out. All in all, there is a lot that you can do without spending a great deal of money, but if spending money is the name of your game then I would recommend seeing some of the shows. The shows are not cheap, but they are quite entertaining...not sure if they are $100 entertaining, but to each their own.

Have Fun and remember that one of the great things about Vegas is that you can walk for miles and miles and miles; and that is just inside your hotel, lol.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    if you buy tickets ALWAYS get them at the discounted tickets booth
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I have never been to Las Vegas either. But I'm not a gambler, so I don't feel the need to go.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Tough not to have a good time. You actually have to work at it which apparently one poster here seems to have done. Didn't think it was possible. We have great weather, the best shows, the best food and won't cost a fortune in cabs.

Oh, I didn't say I didn't have a good time in Vegas - but overall it wasn't that interesting to me - not enough to make we want to visit it on my own time. It was kind of like a theme park - you know, with the fake safari jungle or the fake Europe, etc. We laughed as we walked through the fake NYC they have there.

No offense intended, but I had much more fun in, say, Toronto. I much prefer places that aren't guady and built over - places that have some preverved history and culture. Everything in Vegas seems brand spanking new. Disneyland has more preserved history than Vegas.

I realize some people love this kind of thing, so go have fun and do the Vegas schtick! They could use the tourism bucks. Here let me say some nice things too:

Great hotels!
    Great Shows!
    Beautiful, "friendly" people
    Cheap Alcohol and food if you gamble
    Gambling!
    I hear there is a big dam nearby!
    Also some kind of canyons
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Go see a show! I really enjoyed O.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Go see a show! I really enjoyed O.

Circque du Soleil has some incredible shows in Vegas.

I have also heard that Blue Man is a don't miss as well.

JM