Canned Tuna - Need Suggestions

Options
Anyone have any good recipes for canned tuna that don't involve mayo at all? Please share! It's so dry to eat on it's own!

Replies

• aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I mix two laughing cow cream cheese wedges with it.
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Add it to salad? Love the laughing cow cheese idea!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Tuna Bake - Mix it with some assorted veggies, sour cream (or tinned tomatoes), cover with cheese and lob in oven until the cheese is golden.

Make in bulk ... keeps for the next day, always in winner in this household anyway :)
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    well i cut up tomatoe,onion,cucumber,Jalapeno,and lemon.. Mix it all together and salt to your taste and its sooooo good i swear ppl think its wierd but in mexico were my family is from we eat tuna like that its good take my word on it try it...:happy:
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have mixed lite salad dressings with it before.
    My favourite is mixing tuna with sweetcorn and adding some lite honey mustard dressing! Then I pair it with veggies or put it on a sandwich or mix it through some pasta.

Also, tuna omelettes. Super tasty and lots of protein! I usually add mushrooms or broccoli too.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    well i cut up tomatoe,onion,cucumber,Jalapeno,and lemon.. Mix it all together and salt to your taste and its sooooo good i swear ppl think its wierd but in mexico were my family is from we eat tuna like that its good take my word on it try it...:happy:

Jalapeno, lemon and tuna, cracking idea, thanks :)
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt is a good substitute, as is ricotta cheese.
  • skinnygurl83
    Options
    I always eat my Tuna with diced onion and vinegar mixed in. Just a touch of vinegar, don't overload it, lol.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions. I'll definitely be giving them a try :-)
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Jalapeno, lemon and tuna, cracking idea, thanks :)

Yes it is try it you will love it!!!
  • Mcstephen
    Options
    Make it into a pasta sauce using onions, garlic and canned tomatoes. Add tuna at the end of cooking just to heat it through.
    I make a tuna, sweet corn and pasta salad using lots of cherry toms, cucumber, shallots and dress it with a light vinaigrette - or you could use rice instead of tuna and add a tin of white beans of some description - haricot etc.
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Friends of mine use hummus in tuna salad instead of mayo. Haven't tried it myself, but they seem to really like it.
  • Clare0116
    Clare0116 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For 1 small portion, I chop up a few slices of tangy gherkins and mix it with 2 teaspoons of sweet chilli sauce or a soft cheese triangle. Good filling for sandwiches, jacket potatoes, with pasta or rice and salad. I prefer to use tuna in springwater and only buy line caught tuna, as net caught tuna kills dolphins and other fish too.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! :D Can't wait to try some of these
  • shella_bella
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the ideas guys!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I love it with mustard and a little huy hot sauce.
  • favrow812
    Options
    LOVE the laughing cow wedges idea!
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try mixing a little of your favorite salsa in with it.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options

This. I make it this way too! I use pickled jalapeno though (in the jar in the aisle with the relishes).
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That sounds fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing!