Kind of bragging, but also need feedback. (PIC)

Options
Okay. So I've lost about 24 pounds so far. I've gone done about 2 jean sizes. I am a 20 year old female who is 5' 4" tall. I am currently weighing a size 8 jean in women's (approximately) and my measurement around my belly button is 34".

I weigh 147/148 pounds or so at this moment. I'm trying to figure out how much more weight I need to loose. According to my original calculations, I still would like to loose 15-20 pounds. I'm not entirely sure that this is realistic anymore.

This is a picture taken moments ago of my body. I'm pretty proud of it.

100_0115.jpg

I guess I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not I should go ahead and loose the 15 more pounds or rethink it entirely. I understand that you are not my doctor and do not know my medical needs but I'm just looking for opinions. I do intend to call my doctor shortly to discuss the matter.

Thanks and happy weight loss!

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey! I think you look great! In my opinion maybe 15lbs more is a bit too much, I mean you said yourself you're pretty happy with it so just work on tweaking exacly how you want to look and in the process you'll probably lose a few more pounds but I'd say no more than 5 if you're going to...I mean you really do look good! You don't gots to change a thing :happy:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I know many do not care for BMI readings but it would give you a general idea of a healthy range to shoot for as a goal. You can always change your goal if you like. If you go to your TOOLS tab and scroll down you will see BMI on the right... just click and go from there. You use your best judgment from that point and I encourage you to talk to your doctor the next time you are there to see what he / she says. Good Luck on your journey AND Congratulations on your weightloss!!!:drinker:
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You do look great! How about going on a maintenance plan where you focus on healthy eating, don't restrict calories quite as much and continue to work out. Try that for a month and see how you feel and how your weight does.
  • JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic! Great job on the weight loss. You probably just need to maintain and tone, that's what I would do anyway. But the decision is all yours. Have a great day! :smile:
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you look great! you should be very proud of your self.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    you need to take into account your body frame, BMI, ect.. You look fantastic at 147, but I am the same height and I have a lot to lose at 150. You appear to have a larger frame as well as larger breasts, which would mean that a healthy body weight for you would be higher than me (even though we're the same height). Hope that helps and good luck
  • aimeemills
    Options
    You look great, I don't think you need to lose a lot more. Well done for realising you don't have to be a size 00 to enjoy life. x
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I did use the BMI to do my original calculations and that is why I decided a goal weight of 130 pounds. My BMI ideal range is 106-141 pounds. I figured my number was right in the middle.

I have always had a rather athletic type body structure (even when I wasn't active) and my bra size is a 36DDD.

I'm still toying around with what I want to do for now. My main idea is to be healthy but I want to retain some curves. Some of the girls at my gym are size zeros and I just don't find that attractive.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    As long as YOUR happy with the way you look and your in a healthy weight range then you should be proud. The scale number is not always the magic number. Its really how you see yourself. Some go by clothe sizes some do scales and some just go by how they look.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am exactly where you are at - 5'4" and between 147-148 pounds. My goal weight is 120-130. I'm honestly not sure if I can get down to 120. I was 115 in college but that was before getting married and having two kids. My goal right now is 135 and then see from there.

However, (and I don't mean this in a crude way) - your boobs are much bigger than mine so your 147 might actually be a bit lower than mine because of how it is dispersed. If I were you I would continue on a weight loss plan and see how it goes. As long as you are doing it in a healthy way I don't see a problem. You do look great, btw but I thought I'd give my input since I am the same height/weight and dealing with the same BMI. Based off the generic figures, we are still in overweight BMI until around 145 pounds.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am 5'5" and i weigh 143 lbs. I "goal" is 130 althought I really think 135 will be how low I can get realistically. You will know when your body shouldn't loose any more weight. How do you feel? Do you feel confident? If you do, stay where you are. You can always change your mind and go on to loose that last little.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    you need to take into account your body frame, BMI, ect.. You look fantastic at 147, but I am the same height and I have a lot to lose at 150. You appear to have a larger frame as well as larger breasts, which would mean that a healthy body weight for you would be higher than me (even though we're the same height). Hope that helps and good luck

I so agree with this, everyone is different, no two bodies are alike, i'm 5'4 and 113 pounds, small framed gal, but i'm right on target with my weight, yet my agent is pushing for another 5 pound weight loss....society for you, gotta fit the stereotype, it's very sad...and even still i'm falling right into what I don't want to be.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It's totally your decision. You look good and you've done a great job losing. You aren't going to be unhealthy either way.

I'm also 5'4 and wear a 36DD (just squeezed into it, I was a 36DDD). :laugh: I weigh about 15 pounds more than you and I DEFINATELY want to lose 25 more. I don't think that is too skinny at all. I'd be right in the middle for a healthy BMI weight. I don't want to be able to go up two pounds and be "overweight". I'm working to hard to quit before I'm finished!!

You could try maintaining for a few weeks and think about it. You've done a great job and you look super but you might like yourself even better in another 10 pounds or so. Who knows? Great job on the accomplishment regardless!

Susan
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    great work! i'm on the bandwagon and maintence and toning if you want to keep it up - if you did that enough you might end up losing another 15 pounds by default, but i wouldn't strive for that, myself - you look great!