I think I'm addicted to ice cream

Options

Replies

• SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is your friend. The cookies and cream ice cream sandwich is super satisfying at 150 calories. You have to decide: Are you never going to eat ice cream again, or are you going to come to some sort of accommodation with your cravings? For me, the idea of never eating ice cream again is not realistic.

This is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

I agree. You need to realize everything is ok in moderation. I say keep the healthest version possible, in limited quanties. And if you do over induldge, don't beat yourself up over it.
    Work it off. Figure out how much exercize you have to do for it, and then WORK OUT!
    You want to build healthy eating habits, ones that can carry you through life.
    Good luck!
  • GoBanana76
    GoBanana76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here as we speak eating ben and jerrys fish food. I googled "addicted to ice cream" and this is the first thing that came up...i have this very same problem. i love ice cream. my boyfriend does too. its evil!!
  • Meow112
    Meow112 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually used to eat a pint of ice cream everyday too, if not that, I would go to cold stone..... Thriftys..... I know exactly the cheapest places to buy and it when on sale..... I would hide it in my purse go straight up to my dorm at college lock the door... Hide it inthe trash.... Or I would eat it in the car... Sometimes I would be so embarrassed I would eat it in the back seat of my car..... If I was really hungry I would go to in n out or chipotle....and eat that too.... .... Everyone thought I was so healthy, because I know how to eat healthy I juice in the morning, I run 5 miles, i even teach Pilates and cycle.... I cook out of the eat clean cookbook....
    But at night when the work day is over, and i am by myself, i just Had to have it... it was like a drug almost.
    It's an addiction I never confessed and an addiction that you feel like needs to be fed. You really continually think about it until you have it and you have to have that one flavor! It's a hard habit to break. I am trying to break it again.
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to ice cream as well. I go out for a frozen yogurt hot fudge sundae every Friday night as a treat.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I am hitting all my calories and goals and doing great until after dinner. Then, all I can think about is the ice cream in my freezer. I've been busting my calorie goal every night because of this. Grrrr! Frustrating!

It's weird..like I can't stand the thought of it being in there uneaten.

A lot of my friends don't even eat dessert. I feel like I have to have it every night.

I need to join icecreamaholics anonymous.

first off DONT BUY IT ANYMORE.

secondly, just make a healthy version for yourself:

1 or 2 frozen bananas
    125ml low fat yoghurt (i use berry)
    125g of frozen berries
    2-3 tbsp coconut cream (you dont have to add this if you want to make it lower in cals by 60-80cals)

and thats about it really

if you want to make it chocolate berry just add a tbsp of cocoa

if you want just chocolate then leave out the berries and add an extra frozen banana.

I use a stick blender, its quick and also you eat it with a spoon, its creamy and like soft serve icecream

EXCEPT

its 4, maybe 5 serves of fruit + good fats for like 300 cals, oh and its like eating a 600ml tub of icecream. its fricken awesome

add it to your diary in the morning, then you will have already logged it.

DITCH THE ICECREAM its crap and made by people who are putting profit over your health.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    That is why I stopped eating ice cream. There are folks here who are able to include things like ice cream with out it ruining their efforts. Leaving me alone with ice cream is like leaving an alcoholic alone with a six pack. You just don't do it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pitch the ice cream and stop buying it if you can't resist.
    Options
    I hear you! Maybe at least try to switch yourself on to frozen yogurt. Or buy your ice cream in little individual serve cups. Weight Watchers makes these to die for sundaes. I don't see depriving yourself entirely of it. Wean yourself off and make sure to leave room in your calorie goals at the end of the day for it!

I tried to do that. All I did was eat like 5 little cups of ice cream! It was not exactly my finest hour!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Just do what I do and plan out your day to allow for ice cream. :) I always allow for 1/2 cup if I want, and if I want more, do a bit of extra cardio.
  • Coast_of_Maine
    Coast_of_Maine Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Go. Get. The. Tub. Of. Ice. Cream... And run hot water in it and flush it down the sink. What did it cost? 4 or 5 bucks at most? If it's not there, you're not going to be tempted to eat it.

Trust me, it does get easier. I was/am an ice cream lover (I was eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's every day at work on my half hour lunch-- the whole thing). I now hardly eat any at all. Well, and no ice cream at all (I found out I have milk allergies). Now, I have a pint of tofutti chocolate cookie crunch in my freezer, and it's been there for 3 weeks. It still has a serving left too!

I concur
    Options
    I'm addicted to ice cream as well. I go out for a frozen yogurt hot fudge sundae every Friday night as a treat.

Yes. Going OUT for it may be the better option. Because you go get it, eat it and there is none left in the freezer for later. Good strategy to keep in mind.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    skinny+cow+snickerdoodle+ice+cream+sandwiches+limited+edition.jpg

This^^^^ is the BEST THING EVER INVENTED, OMG it is Amazing and you can fit it into your daily calorie goal so easy.
  • changeyourlimits
    Options
    I can see where you are coming from. Two seconds before reading your post I was thinking about ice cream. I have 1 comment and 1 suggestion for you

Comment
    Are you addicted to ice cream or is it just the habit. Do you ever want ice cream after breakfast or lunch. Addiction to the ice cream I think you would want to eat it all the time. Or is it only when you finish dinner. You could just have a habit that after you eat dinner you have ice cream. If that is the case you just need to work on changing some of the habits and you won't crave ice cream,

Suggestion
    It is a mix - if you aren't eating enough carbs throughout the day you could have a blood sugar rush around that time of the day. make sure you are eating your whole grains and even fruits.
    Also have you thought about Almond Ice Cream, Soy Ice Cream or Rice. They don't taste exactly the same however I only eat Almond Ice Cream now and it does it for me. With a huge decrease in fats
  • autbrat
    autbrat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree just switch to an ice cream that won't bust your diet, otherwise you will just drive yourself crazy thinking about it. Or you could eat less calories during the day to allow for the ice cream in the evening. Either way you are not depriving yourself of the treat.
    I hear you! Maybe at least try to switch yourself on to frozen yogurt. Or buy your ice cream in little individual serve cups. Weight Watchers makes these to die for sundaes. I don't see depriving yourself entirely of it. Wean yourself off and make sure to leave room in your calorie goals at the end of the day for it!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    try skinny cow icecream sandwickes
    they ar e lower cal
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    eat it every day..really I eat a half a pint of ben and Jerrys or Hagen daaz or Daves every day sometimes a pint,,,its AMAZING just work it into your plan and the fat flies off!! enjoy:)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    don't buy ice cream.
    or get frozen yogurt at 90 cals a half cup
    or freeze a banana and blend, same texture as frozen yogurt.
    or just make room in your day for the ice cream? if it is just straight up natural ice cream, the base ingredients for it really are not that bad. you can even make your own using salt, ice and ziplock baggies.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I was craving ice cream so I got some and ate it. Glad I did. Wished I was strong enough to throw the rest away but no I kept it and ate it, logged it but was eating it for a week. I dont need to keep it in the house, trigger food. It is ok occasionally. Pizza is kind of the same with me, if I eat some of it and quickly freeze the rest I am ok. Out of site,out of mind but ice cream seems harder on me, keeps calling my name so I dont want it around.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is your friend. The cookies and cream ice cream sandwich is super satisfying at 150 calories. You have to decide: Are you never going to eat ice cream again, or are you going to come to some sort of accommodation with your cravings? For me, the idea of never eating ice cream again is not realistic.

This is a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Skinny Cow is my friend. :)
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE ice cream!! I recently discovered I could freeze some yogourt in little drops on a parchement paper and then eat that instead of ice cream. I Freeze it for 45 minutes and it's the perfect consistency. Or I freeze it for longer and let it melt for 10 minutes. Yummy!! It's my evening snack. :heart: