Have you had coffee with hot chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I make my own all the time. 1 TB of cocoa powder, splash of milk , pinch of sweetness, coffee. VOILA! I've also used a square or 2 of dark chocolate instead of cocoa powder.

I haven't put it in my coffee, but I do make my own cocoa mix. That would be handy. I use powdered milk, sugar, and cocoa. Mix and keep in a sealed container.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Yup I did it & it taste like latte. Just make sure that the flavors would complement one another.

I tried once mixing my coffee with this particular choco powder & for the first time, it tasted awful. Turns out the flavors don't match.
  • AriesOx
    Options
    I used to do this all the time at work (the work coffee was awful, the hot chocolate improved it :) Me and my co-workers would refer to it as "a poor mans mocha" :) I would think adding instant coffee to a couple tablespoons of hot chocolate mix would work - making it with almond milk I would think would improve it even more :)

You may even just want to try adding chocolate almond or regular chocolate milk to your regular coffee (if you like coffee). A friend of mine used to use regular chocolate milk instead of cream in her coffee - that way she didn't need sweetner either.
  • xoSugarPlumxo
    xoSugarPlumxo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mmm so excited to try!!!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    A cafe mocha is 1/2 hot chocolate, 1/2 coffee. Prepare half a cup of hot chocolate, fill the rest of the cup with black coffee and add almond milk/creamer/sugar to your liking.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Try it with chocolate protein powder instead of hot chocolate. Tastes great and is much healthier.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I use half a cup of coffee with 15g (1Tbs) of hot chocolate and 100g of milk. So delish :)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Had 2 yesterday in fact. Just add any form of cocoa to your coffee. I usually add skim milk and a splenda to mine. Depending on my mood, I'll use a low calorie hot chocolate for my Keurig, or even steal some of the kids sugar free chocolate milk powder. Experiment and find your perfect blend :drinker: