New & Have a question on excerise

Options
Hello Everyone.

I am new at all this and was wondering if anyone could give me a few suggestions on what exercises I can do, in addition to eating properly, that will help me to lose back & belly fat. However, I need to do these exercises from home and with no special equipment. Also, I am built pretty narrow, so, I would love to reduce my waist size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• mblazek
    Options
    I have found that cardio (exercise that raises your heart rate) is the best for burning plenty of calories. (Thus, burning fat as well.) If you add some weight training in, then all the better. I work out at home too, and I have a few dvds I really like. One is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, another is Tae Bo by Billy Blanks, and another is the Walk at Home program by Leslie Sansone. If time is an issue, Jillian's dvd takes about 25 minutes and the Tae Bo is 35. I have a 5 mile walk that takes an hour but burns 500 calories. If you want to target your back and stomach, Jillian's weight training and abs should help you.
  • IreneRod
    IreneRod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi mblazek,

Thank you so much for the dvd suggestions, I'm going to give that a try.
  • fiorina
    fiorina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a dvd that's for belly dancers for beginners..its fun and great for the waist
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there's no possible way of targeting fat loss - it happens over your whole body. You can target particular muscles to strengthen, such as abs, but this wont target the fat near those muscles.

Your best option is to keep control of what you eat by keeping a comprehensive diary at mfp (this takes a bit of time, especially when you're new and need to enter a bunch of foods) but definitely worth it. Then make sure you maintain a fairly constant caloric deficit (ie: hit the targets MFP sets for you). This will keep you losing weight, and some of that will come from the parts you want it to, so will come from other parts. At the end of the day you'll be healthier and look better.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    walking fast pace for an hour is around 500 calories for me! Thats a pretty good burn!