Supper filling (under 300 calories)

Options
I just made this for lunch and thought I would post it because I thought it was good and I am SOOOO full right now!

3-4 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup of combined black beans and black eyed peas
1/4 cup of corn
1 hungry girl flat out bread

All I did was cook the chicken breast using salt/pepper (I think it would be good with crushed red peppers too), then I added the beans and corn. I just heated it until everything was warm. Then i added it to the wrap. Super easy and like I said, very filling! I did add just a little bit of franks hot sauce to spice it up a bit

120 calories for the chicken
168 calories for the beans, corn and wrap

Replies

• marcgebhard
    Options
    I just made this for lunch and thought I would post it because I thought it was good and I am SOOOO full right now!

3-4 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1/4 cup of combined black beans and black eyed peas
    1/4 cup of corn
    1 hungry girl flat out bread

All I did was cook the chicken breast using salt/pepper (I think it would be good with crushed red peppers too), then I added the beans and corn. I just heated it until everything was warm. Then i added it to the wrap. Super easy and like I said, very filling! I did add just a little bit of franks hot sauce to spice it up a bit

120 calories for the chicken
    168 calories for the beans, corn and wrap

I'm thinking I'd add some cilantro, lime juice an onion to this. Shouldn't bump the calorie count up much.
  • squeekersmom
    squeekersmom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    a little bit of sliced red peppers would give a crunch to....yummm
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Oh man this sounds so good, especially with the comment suggestions!
  • JoyBouter
    JoyBouter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I think I'm going to have to try it! Thanks for the idea and recipe. :smile:
  • guyparry
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a 'UK' version of hungry girl flat out bread? I see by the website it is only available in US and Canada.