aw man how come I haven't lost anything?

Options
2»

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone got it .....be patient, stick to the plan, carbs are my enemy got it... :-)
    you should go online and change your macros to track sodium. You would be shocked at the amount of sodium that is in foods.
  • traceygl1967
    traceygl1967 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    800-900 calories a day is not enough.
  • fdalal1
    Options
    So glad i read this!! I was getting worried because i have'nt lost anything. I'm going to be opening up my diary so any one can give me advice if im eating right or not it would be greatly appreciated.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I don't know your specifics, but you are probably not eating enough. From what I saw, you don't quite reach 1000 calories. For most women, that is not enough, especially if you are exercising. Try finding your TDEE and subtract 20-30 percent from this number. Search TDEE if that helps. Or look in the "fitness and exercise" section for "in place of a roadmap 2". It has a lot of great info. Good luck.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    A week is really not enough time to even determine if something is off. Don't worry about it yet- keep on keepin' on. Fat loss takes time. 70+% of the weight loss people see in the first couple weeks is water weight- It just means for whatever reason you didn't flush as much water as some other people who put up big numbers in the first week. Open your diary if you want more constructive criticism.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and can be impacted by water weight as has already been mentioned. Water weight fluctuations can hide 'real' weight loss.

You should eat try to eat to your calorie level however, not below 1,000. Being less restrictive will help adherence, the ability to get enough protein and fat as well as micronutrients, be less likely to cause hormonal imbalances and will give you a better chance of losing less LBM.
  • foleyshirley
    Options
    A week is really not enough time to even determine if something is off. Don't worry about it yet- keep on keepin' on. Fat loss takes time. 70+% of the weight loss people see in the first couple weeks is water weight- It just means for whatever reason you didn't flush as much water as some other people who put up big numbers in the first week. Open your diary if you want more constructive criticism.

It is open.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing until I started eating more than 1300

Edit: I now eat 1600+ and the weight is coming off, more importantly the inches are.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the enemy. Eat more calories. If your goal is 1400 it doesn't mean as few as you can and no more than 1400. It means get your final number down as close to 0 as possible. You want to hit within 100 calories of your goal.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    STOP EXPECTING IMMEDIATE RESULTS!!!!!

Seriously, one, two, three weeks are not enough to judge your progress. Unless you have 50+ pounds to lose, most people don't see a lot of results for a few weeks(except the normal water weight fluctuation). You must get out of that mindset to be successful.

^^^This.

It didn't take 2 weeks to put on the weight. It won't take two weeks for it to all come off. Be patient, be focused, and it will happen :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

It is open.

Thanks.

OP- You're not eating enough. Try following the plan outlined here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/682138-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

There are long term consequences to undereating, and none of them are good. Since you're only a week in to this, you're in a good place to reset your goals before any damage is done. Good luck, and enjoy eating more!
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough calories. I have looked at your diary and you are eating less than £1,000 calories at day. You should not eat any less than 1,200 per day and preferably you should eat to your BMR which is usually around the 1300-1500 mark depending on your height and current weight.

Your body is likely to be hanging on to what it has as it does not know when you will feed it properly again.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone got it .....be patient, stick to the plan, carbs are my enemy got it... :-)

I didn't see anyone say a word about carbs being the enemy. I saw water suggested and tracking sodium:wink: I'm losing pretty fast and I eat what many people consider too many carbs, but it works for me. The Big advice is Be Patient. One of my friends started MFP and Zumba with me and didn't lose for the first 3 weeks, then BAM..down 5 lbs, then consistently 1-2 each week since. Keep at it and it will start to work.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Drink enough water to keep your urine clear.

I dont think youre eating enough. Gotta fuel your body or it will go into famine mode & hoard fat.

Carbs are part of a healthy & balanced diet.

Are you lifting? Often, due to increased muscle growth, you will not see a weight loss but will notice a loss of inches.

Set your MFP goal to no more than a 2 lb per week loss. (1 lb is best)

Eat 5 - 6 times a day. (best plan to follow)

Carb info:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/133227-what-are-3-types-carbohydrates/

http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/carbs.html

And the most hated words in my vocabulary.....patience.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear and can be impacted by water weight as has already been mentioned. Water weight fluctuations can hide 'real' weight loss.

You should eat try to eat to your calorie level however, not below 1,000. Being less restrictive will help adherence, the ability to get enough protein and fat as well as micronutrients, be less likely to cause hormonal imbalances and will give you a better chance of losing less LBM.

^this

For me, in addition to water and being near the MFP caloric recommendations, watching to make sure I get enough fiber (a bit above MFP guidelines) is also very helpful. And for women, menstrual cycles will also cause some monthly adjustments.

For some people the first weeks are the fastest weight loss; for others the start-up is slow.

Others have made good suggestions, including links. I've also collected some "start-up" information and links at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/how-to-use-myfitnesspal-427993
  • TastesLikeChicken
    TastesLikeChicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't be fixated on the scale. Muscle does weigh more than fat and burns more calories. Just stick with your plan, and you will see the progress come. You also just survived thanksgiving with no wt gain. Sounds like a success to me.
    You go girl!
  • foleyshirley
    Options

It is open.

Thanks.

OP- You're not eating enough. Try following the plan outlined here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/682138-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

There are long term consequences to undereating, and none of them are good. Since you're only a week in to this, you're in a good place to reset your goals before any damage is done. Good luck, and enjoy eating more!

This is a great thread she posted for you. It has some great info.