Recipe Help!

Options
Hi,

I was invited to a dinner, and I offered to bring something. They suggested dessert. I want to make something low-cal that I can eat, but absolutely delicious so they'll never know I'm counting calories. Any suggestions?

PS- they really like chocolate

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You could do a thing called chocolate-kahlua mousse parfaits. I found it in the Biggest Loser cookbook. I've never made it (yet) but it looks really good, and easy enough. 145 cals/serving
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There was a topic on here yesterday where someone made a choc cake but instead of eggs oil and water you can use a 12oz can of diet cherry cola or diet 7up or sprite. and 1 egg white.They say it is very moist and very good..then some one else said they done this with a strawberry cake mix with diet 7up and someone also done it with lemon...then for a icing they use fat free cool whip and added sugar free vanilla pudding...I thought this sounded so good I am planning to try... they said that it is in cut into 12pc if cake and 24 cup cakes if you do them instead...Hope this helps...and you also just back as directed on the box..
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    There is a sight under community Recipes and there are many good low calorie recipes. I have tried several of the cookies that were good and also a cake.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHERRY PIE

low fat pie crust
    sugar free chocolate jello mix (small box)
    skim milk
    no sugar added cherry pie filling
    fat free or low fat cool whip

prepare jello as package says, pouring into pie crust. Let set. Top with pie filling, then cool whip.

DELICIOUS!!

(Oh and by the way, I made it for a Christmas party and NO ONE knew it was low fat and ate every bit of it.)
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this cake recipe recently and it looks just awesome with just under 300 cals for a large piece. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1654622

Good luck!!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHERRY PIE

low fat pie crust
    sugar free chocolate jello mix (small box)
    skim milk
    no sugar added cherry pie filling
    fat free or low fat cool whip

prepare jello as package says, pouring into pie crust. Let set. Top with pie filling, then cool whip.

DELICIOUS!!

(Oh and by the way, I made it for a Christmas party and NO ONE knew it was low fat and ate every bit of it.)

This looks really yummy!!! Do you know how many calories per serving? And how many servings does this recipe make?
  • Romba
    Options
    I'm not sure...kinda made it up out of another recipe (I always make my own substitutions and get creative with it) but It makes 6 servings.
  • sillygooseegg
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! I think I'm gonna try the cherry chocolate one. :smile:
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I made vanilla cupcakes today and used 12 oz diet 7-up. Very tastey. I wouldn't have even know it was different if I hadn't made them :-)
  • Romba
    Options
    Thank you all for your help! I think I'm gonna try the cherry chocolate one. :smile:

Hey cool :)

I just realized I said Chocolate Jello (I meant Jello brand pudding lol hope you got it)