Treadmill for over 450lbs people

Options
It have started to get to cold to walk and would like to get a treadmill but I weight to much for them right now anybody who of one I could get

Replies

• JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Check online I think there are a few out there but you're looking at big bucks. I spent $3500 or so for one that would hold up to 400
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    if not maybe you could find a bike that would work.
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    to get one with a higher weight limit you are probably looking at spending more. We had a $1600 norditrack that was rated for 500 pounds. The cheaper ones are made cheap and thats why they just don't hold as much. If it was something you wanted to do and didn't have enough for an expensive treadmill might be more fiscal to get a gym membership since they have the high quality machines as well usually.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    is it possible to go to a mall and walk....alot of malls open early for walkers in the winter time. Just something to think about.
  • ParaSempreAmor11
    ParaSempreAmor11 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The Star Trac E-TR Treadmill can hold someone up to 500 pounds im not sure about the pricing though most likely itll be expensive but treadmills are worth the money
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    to get one with a higher weight limit you are probably looking at spending more. We had a $1600 norditrack that was rated for 500 pounds. The cheaper ones are made cheap and thats why they just don't hold as much. If it was something you wanted to do and didn't have enough for an expensive treadmill might be more fiscal to get a gym membership since they have the high quality machines as well usually.

Not very many gyms carry cardio equipment designed to hold this kinda weight. I know I asked mine when joing (hubby was 365 at that time) and they weren't sure. Of course we joined anyway and had no problems using the machines.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    CardioZone makes them up to a 500lb limit: http://cardiozonetreadmills.com/

Smooth Fitness makes them up to a 400lb limit: http://www.smoothfitness.com/
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with this ^^^, what you would spend on a gym membership is quite a bit cheaper than buyer the actual machine and you would have the use of much more equipment. For us a family membership (for 2 adults, 2 kids) is under $700 annually. We have the use of the gyms, the cardio equipment, the strength equipment, the pool/hot tub, plus classes if we want.

Good luck!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Normally the Gym treadmills (like at our YMCA) are all top end Precor treadmills rated for 500 lbs. If possible consider a 3 of 4 month membership til the weather breaks again even at 40 or 50 a month a couple hundred is cheaper than a couple thousand... Just my 2 cents.... Best of Luck
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    There are treadmills available for your weight in most gyms. Don't give up.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options

If you have a planet fitness near you, it's only $10 for the basic membership and $20 for the upper one...that's where my husband and I go....
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    is it possible to go to a mall and walk....alot of malls open early for walkers in the winter time. Just something to think about.

This would be my suggestion too. It'll cost a fortune to find a treadmill with a higher weight limit.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I agree with this ^^^, what you would spend on a gym membership is quite a bit cheaper than buyer the actual machine and you would have the use of much more equipment. For us a family membership (for 2 adults, 2 kids) is under $700 annually. We have the use of the gyms, the cardio equipment, the strength equipment, the pool/hot tub, plus classes if we want.

Good luck!

Maybe in MN but if you don't live in a small town (MN is small right? I'm stereotyping based on "How I Met Your Mother") a dirt cheap gym is $20-25 a month, $300 a year. Goodlife is $25 bi-weekly so <$700 a year including tax for one person and that's mid-rate, there are 3 other clubs in Toronto that charge $65-$100 a month before tax for exampple). If you are just going to do cardio than buying a piece of equipment will ALWAYS be cheaper its just that you have to shell out the $ up front rather than most gyms which wouldn’t let me pay at once anyway - without a discount that's fine with me. I'm sure many good fitness places will have a financing plan if you need it.
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Maybe you could look on ebay and get one second hand? :)