Question about calorie counters/Fitbit

Options
Does anyone have a pedometer that counts calories for the WHOLE day? I believe the Fitbit does. I don't want to know that I walked 10,000 steps and burned 400 calories, I want to know if I burned 2100 or 2300 calories for the whole day.

Do the Fitbit One, Ultra, and Zip do this? I honestly can't find any information online. They say they count calories, but not how.

Replies

• maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and it calculates your calories burned by you entering information of your regular day (sedentary, light, activie, very active) and then with a motion sensor can tell how much you've moved and by the movements made guesstimates your cals burned for the whole day!

I really like my fitbit. It's only a machine so it'll never be 100% accurate. And it doesn't have a heart rate monitor on it, so that makes a difference. But I can tell on days I'm very active my cals are much higher, compared to a day i'm not, the cals are much lower. So It seems to be close. On days I completely forget to wear it shows 'no movement' but an estimated burned calories based off the information put in earlier (as described above).

What I really like about it is that it is very small and people can't see you're even wearing it. I have an older model one, and now that they have the "zip" (which doesn't count sleep and stairs) I would probably have purchased that one because it's a lot cheaper. I mean, the sleep feature is cool I guess lol. It also has a timer function that you can use to just see certain times of the day (it shows up online like 12pm-1pm) But the fitbit is made to be worn all day and it will count all day movements, not just for one work out.

What I don't like is it will count car rides :( like the bumps in the rode, so if you go online or on your phone's app you can set the times you drove and it will removed 'extra steps'

I hope that helps! They also can be easy to lose. Just thought I'd mention that lol. The zips look cool because they're so colorful, and not black!

Message me if you wanna ask anything else :)
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @maddiey: AWESOME post, thank you for sharing!! You included a lot of details that I really wanted to know about the Fitbit.

Everyone else- Is there any other tool that does the same thing, or is the Fitbit the only one? Maybe I'll just have to splurge on the Fitbit after all.
  • sprinkels29
    Options
    I have the Nike Fuel band and it does the same thing, tracks your movements through basketball, dancing, pedometer as well. Tells you total number of steps, calories burned etc. A little shoddy for weight lifting but if you are trying to keep track of just normal day to day and maybe cardio, it works great!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    STRIIV smart pedometer, STRIIV play and bodyfit media. Do searches, they all have pros and cons.