Bike???

Options
I was wondering how many calories i would burn if i did 40 minutes on a exercise bike but when i went to enter it in the exercise log there's nothing there for bike?? How would i figure this out i want to purchase a workout machine and trying to see which one burns more calories in 40 minutes.

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    look under bicycling, stationary
  • loopylu
    Options
    hi there. It took me a while to find but if you type in bicycling it gives you a choice of "bicycling stationary" + an effort level for you to choose e.g. moderate, vigorous etc. For real cycling i.e. on the road..it gives you the actual speed you have done.

hope that helps.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    I use this calorie counter until I can buy a HRM :

http://www.shape.com/fitness/tools_and_calculators/calorie_burn_tool

I find it more precise and user friendly than the one on this site
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU :flowerforyou:
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would suggest buying a Heart Rate Monitor. I recently purchased the Polar FT4 at REI for $90 and found that the heart rate and calorie counts on the Polar HRM are different that my treadmill at home. This model does not have all the bells and whistles as an expensive monitor but it does give me what I am looking for. It measures avg heart rate, max heart rate, in zone minutes, calories burned. I like this because I can change my own batteries in the watch and chest strap. And it worked the first time I wore it and since then. Good luck!
  • wildjoker81
    wildjoker81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Look for stationary bike, thats what I put down. Theres different entries for it, light, moderate, vigorous and one higher I can't remember. If Its got a pulse sensor in the handles go off of how high your pulsrate is as to which one you select. It'll calculate different calorie burns for the level of excerscise you did.
    And by the time I was done typing this someone else already answered you...
    So, what they said.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Look for stationary bike, thats what I put down. Theres different entries for it, light, moderate, vigorous and one higher I can't remember. If Its got a pulse sensor in the handles go off of how high your pulsrate is as to which one you select. It'll calculate different calorie burns for the level of excerscise you did.
    And by the time I was done typing this someone else already answered you...
    So, what they said.

FYI:

HRM off the exercise machines are really inaccurate, do not trust, don't even use them!!