2»

Replies

• ClaireM8
    Options
    Try to drink plenty of water. It helps.
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who suffers with this. I don't think that I could mentally cope with fasting though. I suffer with mild Fibromyalgia and am controlling the systems and think anything too drastic may not help.

Trying to up my water intake today,will see how that goes for now.

Thanks all.
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who suffers with this. I don't think that I could mentally cope with fasting though. I suffer with mild Fibromyalgia and am controlling the systems and think anything too drastic may not help.

Trying to up my water intake today,will see how that goes for now.

Thanks all.

Looking at your diary, I see two things pretty quickly. You almost never eat all your calories (you're supposed to lose weight by eating to that goal, not significantly under it), and you never get all your protein. Pretty sure if you worked on those two things, you'd be fuller.

Plus, do you have MFP set to just lose .5 lbs/week? With little weight to lose, you'll be much better off this way than having it at 1 pound/week or more. I was a grumpy mess eating about 1400 calories a day, and I'm much happier at around 1700. Good luck!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've found that eating fat helps keep me full as well. For example, I have chicken and avocado with my salad or veg for lunch and it keeps me fuller for longer. I have found that if I eat carbs like rice, bread, pasta, I'm hungry again 30 minutes after I've finished my meal.

ETA: I also find I have this problem with fruit so I don't really eat it anymore. I think it;s the sugar that makes me hungry.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is the opposite of most of the advice given but I don't drink with meals. The theory is that if you drink with your meals you are flushing food from your stomach at a much quicker rate. If you put applesauce in a funnel it will drip out slowly, if you pour water on top of the applesauce it will go through much quicker and empty the funnel. Think of the stomach as the funnel, you want to keep it full to digest food and absorb the nutrients you need.
  • allknowingtomato
    allknowingtomato Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary: Eat more protein and less sugar/carbs from grains! you never get enough protein. i am a bottomless pit if eat too much sugar or bread/pasta. on days i have eggs with spinach and cheese for breakfast, chicken salad lettuce wraps for lunch, fruit and veg with hummus, and steak with grilled pepper and onions and salad for dinner, i stay full. on days i have oatmeal, for breakfast i could eat a house and am trying to satisfy my "carb tooth" with small candy bars and single-serve bags of chips. it won't work, you'll just want to graze all day!

try seriously cutting the grains and sugars for a few days and see if your hunger evens out.

also, someone else mentioned fat. fat helps you stay full, and also helps you absorb vitamins from the veggies and fruit you eat. try a small amount of regular dressing (or oil/vinegar) instead of "light" salad cream/dressing (which usually has sugars to mask the fact there is not much fat).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or how much, I never seem to feel full for long. I constantly want to eat, whether it be healthy or not.

Does anyone else have this problem, or has anyone got any tips in how to overcome this? I would like to learn how to live my life not spending every single minute thinking about food!

What is this "full" feeling you talk about, i'm unfamiliar with it

Teamneverfull
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i always drink a full 16 oz bottle of water before i take my first bite, and i also drink another 16 oz bottle during my meal and after. this helps
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Fullness tips...

1. Drink an entire glass of water before any meal
    2. Increase the amount of fiber and protein in your meal
    3. Eat slower, taking pauses to chat or read

Go buy 10 bags of raw spinach and just eat as fast as you can non-stop. You'll feel full and have eaten very few calories.

Using the above tips, I've managed to go from hungry to full with a 200 calorie lunch before. >.>
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies. Some very helpful advise but a lot of my carbs are used up by fruit. Is there an alternative that anyone can recommend or is this ok because it is fruit?