Resturants should have to ask..

Options
They should have to ask "would you like the seasoning" or "would you like the butter". We were at Bonefish and no where in the description was there butter on any of their veggies. I came home and fell over. The green beans have just as much calories as the salmon..UGH.. I know live and learn and I "should" ask but sometimes you just order a veggie and think hey its OK...NOT

Replies

• pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have milk and egg allergies, and while it is a pain to go out to eat and order (takes about a half hour usually to find something I can eat), I no longer have steaks dipped in butter, buttered veggies, etc. If all else fails, just tell the restaurant you are allergic!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue a week or so ago.. I went to Outback, and had green beans and calorie count was way too much!

Check out what MFP'ers had to say!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78579-outback-outrage
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free so I already had the GF menu. I just "assumed" french green beans and vegetable medley would be safe. I should have had the mashed potatos.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I learned along time ago that restaurants cook just about everything in butter unless the customer requests otherwise. I don't know that they should have to ask though because not everyone cares whether or not its cooked in butter or not. It just takes extra planning if you work in eating out on a diet.