Lunches

Options
I know I am going to get TONS of responses on here but hopefully I can get something from them. I need lunch ideas. The only fish I like is salmon. So all other fish is out. Just so you know. I don't find soups filling unless I eat 2 bowls. I am not a big cook but need to learn. I use to eat lunches all the time and still make my calories and snakes now I am messed up and can't think. I have been eating Subway everyday lately and that is getting to expensive. I would have a 6" chicken breast with 6 tomatoes lettuces, salt and pepper and very light on the ranch on flat bread. The odd time I would have a cold cut combo but beside expensive I am sick of it I eat sandwiches all summer long working on the highway with construction.

I also don't find salad fill me up so maybe a small salad on the side? Do need salad dressing (ranch or thousand islands) I am laid off so I do have time to prep any day of the week to make something for the whole week.

IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS Please.

Also feel free to add me as a friend for support and TONS of guidance to help me with this. I was on before and did well but struggling this time..

Valanne (Swoopette)
Manitoba, Canada

Replies

• Kersmudgekins
    Kersmudgekins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, fruit, toast,
    hard boiled eggs, fruit toast
    spaghetti sqush, vegetarian bolognese sauce and toast
    greek yogurt, fruit, toast
    sweet potato, veggies and greek yogurt

Watch out for those flat breads from Subway. Lots of salt I believe.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You can always have leftovers from a big meal the night before... I like to throw a roast in the crock pot and then make stew with leftovers, chalk full of veggies that no one needs more than one bowl!! If your on the go, remember that nut butters are easy to travel with so just bring some apple slices, Turkey with avocado wrapped in the middle, and some ranch and veggies makes a nice meal...
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    My strategy for lunch is usually a turkey sandwich I bring from home or leftovers from dinner the night before. My turkey sandwiches are pretty boring, no condiments, just a slice of habanero jack cheese on wheat bread. But I eat lots of snacks during the day, depending on how many calories I want to burn. Days I work out at the gym I will choose higher calorie snacks like larabars, Greek yogurt, string cheese, stuff like that. Other days where my exercise is lighter, I will snack on sugar snap peas, carrots, applesauce, a peach, an apple, etc. I find it easier to have the same boring sandwich (lol) if I'm supplementing that with a variety of other snacks.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I use Sara Lee 45 cal wheat bread. Hopefully they have that in your area...It tastes like regular wheat bread and is the same size.