Tiramisu

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I LOVE Tiramisu and found this recipe, which is significantly less calories and fat than the real thing! I haven't tried it yet.

Tiramisu

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 186, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 182mg, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Total Fat: 8g, Carbs: 22g, Sugars: 9g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Protein: 5g
Exchanges: Other Carb: 1.5, Fat: 1.5
Carb Choices: 1.5
Recipe Source:Prep Time: 30 mins
Rest Time: 4 h
Total Time: 30 mins

Ingredients
16 ounce(s) sour cream, light or fat-free
16 ounce(s) cream cheese, reduced-fat
2/3 cup(s) sugar
1/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup(s) coffee, strong
2 tablespoon liqueur, coffee
6 ounce(s) ladyfingers
2 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
cocoa powder, unsweetened
chocolate, white

Preparation
1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup coffee and the coffee liqueur or additional coffee.

2. Layer 1 package of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Brush with half of the coffee mixture. Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and cream cheese mixture.

3. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. If desired, sprinkle serving platter with additional unsweetened cocoa powder. Cut dessert into squares; arrange on platter. If desired, garnish individual servings with chocolate curls.

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Tiramisu and found this recipe, which is significantly less calories and fat than the real thing! I haven't tried it yet.

Tiramisu

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
    Calories: 186, Saturated Fat: 5g, Sodium: 182mg, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Total Fat: 8g, Carbs: 22g, Sugars: 9g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Protein: 5g
    Exchanges: Other Carb: 1.5, Fat: 1.5
    Carb Choices: 1.5
    Recipe Source:Prep Time: 30 mins
    Rest Time: 4 h
    Total Time: 30 mins

Ingredients
    16 ounce(s) sour cream, light or fat-free
    16 ounce(s) cream cheese, reduced-fat
    2/3 cup(s) sugar
    1/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup(s) coffee, strong
    2 tablespoon liqueur, coffee
    6 ounce(s) ladyfingers
    2 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
    cocoa powder, unsweetened
    chocolate, white

Preparation
    1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth. In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup coffee and the coffee liqueur or additional coffee.

2. Layer 1 package of the ladyfingers, cut sides up, in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Brush with half of the coffee mixture. Spread with half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining ladyfingers, coffee mixture, and cream cheese mixture.

3. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons cocoa powder. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. If desired, sprinkle serving platter with additional unsweetened cocoa powder. Cut dessert into squares; arrange on platter. If desired, garnish individual servings with chocolate curls.
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    I love tiramisu too....and can't wait to have company so I can try your recipe (we never have dessert otherwise). Thanks
  • cindyryan
    Options
    I LOVE tiramisu- thanks for this!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    ****************drool*********************
    I can go for some of this yumminess right now.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    in all seriousness, what is tiramisu?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    in all seriousness, what is tiramisu?
    Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made of biscuits dipped in coffee and mascarpone cream.
    The biscuits are sprinkled with or briefly soaked in a mixture of coffee, rum, and sugar. They are layered with a mixture of mascarpone cheese and zabaglione, a custard made from egg yolks, Marsala, and sugar. Cocoa powder is then sprinkled on top.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    Tamim1974,
    You wouldn't happen to know how many servings this makes would you? Sounds awfully wonderful and under 200 cals a serving! Never had real tiramisu but always wanted to try it, now my diet won't stop me. :smile: