Salad dressing

Options
sisterlilbunny
sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
Ok I have a very odd question for you all.

I love thick dressings such as caesar, ranch and bleu cheese. The lite versions of these are nice, but I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for something I could make at home that has a.) substance like the above and b.) won't take up a days worth of fat grams. I've found recipes for a lot of oil/vinegar/lemon types of dressings but I'm not fond of the flavor or the fact it's so darned light on the salad.

LOL See what happens when your grandparents train you at an early age to love bleu cheese?

Replies

• nikkie77
    nikkie77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can't make them at home but have you tried the salad sprays, they have 0 everything.
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you'd like it, but sesame tahini dressing is somewhat thicker, if you like that flavor. Lemon juice, tahini, a little soy sauce, some crushed garlic, maybe a little cider vinegar. Good luck.
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really like this dressing, a local restaurant started making it. It is greek but is sweet, has no cheese. Yummy, only 2 grams of fat per 2 tbs dressing. Everyone at work loves it too. And you can pronounce all of the ingredients - there are only 6 or so. It does have sugar (not high fructose corn syrup). You can check your market for it, or here's a link.

http://www.farmerboygreekdressing.com/houserecipegreekdressing.htm

Hope you like it.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I make a ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch Mix) with skim milk, fat free mayo (and sometimes fat free sour cream for thickness) to the specifications on the mix. Give it about 1/2 a day to thicken up, it'll still be thinner than you like, but it'll have that yummy taste. I know a lot of clean eaters on here who stay away from the fat free stuff (and they might try a Greek yogurt instead, who knows?) but I don't mind it to keep my fat and calories down.

Good luck and welcome! :drinker:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    This is great, thank you guys! This is giving me some awesome ideas and variety. Which, I don't know about you, but I so need variety versus the same thing on the salad every time. Is tahini what is used in hummus? If so I will have to try it out!