Best Ways to Tone Without Losing TOO much weight

Options
Hi There,

I am still relatively new to exercising on a regular basis and living an overall healthier lifestyle. MFP has really helped me with learning about portion control and held me accountable with their journal system. I'm a 1lb away from my initial goal (yay) but concerned about losing too much weight? Although I have been successful at losing & maintaining the weight loss, I am unhappy with my success at toning my body. Anyone know how to successfully tone without losing too much weight? I appreciate any feedback, resources or advice you may have!!

Replies

• gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

I am still relatively new to exercising on a regular basis and living an overall healthier lifestyle. MFP has really helped me with learning about portion control and held me accountable with their journal system. I'm a 1lb away from my initial goal (yay) but concerned about losing too much weight? Although I have been successful at losing & maintaining the weight loss, I am unhappy with my success at toning my body. Anyone know how to successfully tone without losing too much weight? I appreciate any feedback, resources or advice you may have!!

what do you mean by the word "tone"?
    You want to be less giggly? lift weights. eat plenty of protein and find a good routine that you can stick to. Don't listen to anyone that tells you to lift light weights - that won't do anything. lift enough weights so that you can just do 8-12 reps - 3 times.