HELP, please? How to lose past my current weight?

Options
Help, please?!

Last year I was 90kg and I lost 10kg when December 2011 came -- to 80kg.

Now 2012 is almost over and I'm still 80kg! Tho I admit 2012 is a roller-coaster ride for me - going circles between gaining and then losing. But I can't seem to lose below 80kg? At least a month ago I was like maybe 83-85 kg so I started dieting and once a week exercise. I know the exercise might not be enough but I'm really trying you know. As for my diet, I avoided carbs and sweets in the past month. Tho I admit, I ate one or two sweets/carbs during it.

I'm starting to think that 80kg is like my hmm looking for the right word, maybe my end weight or something. Is there even such a thing?

Any advice from you guys for me on how to move past 80? If I became 79, I would really be happy. But my short goal is to be 70kg.

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? I mean everything? If you are, are you staying under your calorie goal? Losing weight is 100% diet. Exercise will help determine what you'll look like when you get to that weight and it can help you get there faster but weight loss is diet. Consume less than you use and you'll lose weight.
  • rozeh_street
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat? I mean everything? If you are, are you staying under your calorie goal? Losing weight is 100% diet. Exercise will help determine what you'll look like when you get to that weight and it can help you get there faster but weight loss is diet. Consume less than you use and you'll lose weight.

Unfortunately, I haven't been logging what I eat for months. But I always make sure I don't overeat. I will track my food intake until the end of the year to see if I'm doing things right. I hope I move past 80! :)

Also I have my period right now. Does it explain why I don't see any progress in the past two weeks? Sadly, I have a problem with my period and I usually have it longer. :(
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Logging everything is essential for me.

I log before I eat, so I know exactly what I'm eating, adn adjust portions ahead of time to fit what I have available.

Eating what I thought was a good amount is what got me in ot this mess in the first place. Log EVERYTHING!