Stay Within Caloric Goal including the "bad" stuff.

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It is only a problem if it puts you over your calorie goal.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Perfect. I even have underactive thyroid too! I've been taking pills for 20years for it.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds eating chips, chocolate, fast food, spinach dip, pizza, donuts... etc. Not every day or all the time but pretty often honestly I'd say I'd eat one of the above at least once a week! I would just fit them in my macros through portion control or exercise. The only issue is sometimes high carb/sugar food make me hungrier which leads to "binge" eating. But overall if you exercise some control you can eat what you want in moderation. It helps if you're younger too and have a good metabolism.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wow! I definately not eat all that stuff all the time. Awesome you could and STILL keep under goals and lose 30lbs. Unfortunatley with me, binge eating happens and it's because Im insulin dependent diabetic!!! I get high blood sugars sometimes and this makes me crave and go crazy over carbs. It really sucks.
  • delacruz_courtney
    Options
    You can eat WHATEVER you want, as long as you stay within your calorie limit :). That's how I've lost my weight (1850 calories a day).
  • pamela387
    pamela387 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Success here. I don't do "clean" eating and my only goal is to stay under my calorie goal. Making room for treats is part of what's kept me sane.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I eat ice-cream and chocolate more frequently now than I ever did.

..... before I would just eat them once to twice a month in HUGE quantities. Now I learned portion control.

I love me some chocolate, ice cream, French fries, oh and don't forget the cookie dough. If I didn't include stuff like that, I would go crazy!!!

All of this. Trust.

I never deprive myself, I just make sure I plan my treats and work around them (and work them off!!)
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I eat dessert almost every day now but only ate it once a month or so when I was overweight. Don't see it as bad, just make sure that if fits into your daily calories and that you are getting sufficient nutrients. Jillian Michaels recommends 80% healthy stuff and 20% treats to keep yourself on track. Doesn't work for everyone, but it's worked for me.

this exactly!!! I eat dessert more often now and I'm maintaining. If I deprive myself I end up eating too much the next time it is time to eat!
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Since you're diabetic, you might want to ditch the chips and fries (amazingly bad for blood sugar) and keep the chocolate and cheesecake. :-) And Klondike has a lower-carb ice cream bar out ...

Treats are fine -- necessary, even -- especially if you want to keep going.

There's an article I ran across recently on losing weight with metabolic problems that I liked so much, I put the link on my profile page. I've also run across some helpful articles on glucose control. (Should do something with them, but haven't.) Message me if you want me to dig up the URLs.

Happy scales!