Tips on Building your own exercise routine

Options
Im pretty lost when it comes to putting together a workout. Ive taken boot camp fitness classes and really enjoy circuit training. Any tips on putting together a nice circuit workout? like a website I can refer to, or maybe your own knowledge you wouldn't mind sharing.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just do P90x. I hear it's the best workout ever
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    What are you goals? Circuit training is good for losing body fat and getting some cardio, but generally not great for gaining muscle.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    5x5 strong lifts. Google it, then watch youtube video's if you don't know the exercises. It works well if you commit to it.
  • evolutioner
    Options
    Well it all depends on what your goal is for example I'm working more on performance now bc i do Muay Thai/boxing/tae kwan do and some gymnastics as well. So i do more circuit training, calisthenics, heavy bag, kettle bell training, cross fit routines all of these help me in my speed, power and endurance. Whats your goal weight lose, bulking, getting a six pack, lifting a certain weight as your 1 rep max ect .... just figure that out first then you can have a better vision of what you want to research on and ask the questions you need to ask for your goal.
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The staff at my fitness center has me on a good 3x per week circuit, which requires minimal equipment...do each exercise for 30 seconds with 20 seconds between each exercise, and 1 minute between each set.

Planks
    StepUps
    Standing Lunge Rows
    Pushups
    Squats
    Armband Pulls
    Deadlifts
    Lateral Box Runs

I guarantee success...I've already seen it.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Just do P90x. I hear it's the best workout ever

negative
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Im pretty lost when it comes to putting together a workout. Ive taken boot camp fitness classes and really enjoy circuit training. Any tips on putting together a nice circuit workout? like a website I can refer to, or maybe your own knowledge you wouldn't mind sharing.

I have one tip. Don't build your own. Find a tried/true routine and use that. You could also google barbell complexes if you want circuit training only.
    Good luck!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I have one tip. Don't build your own. Find a tried/true routine and use that. You could also google barbell complexes if you want circuit training only.
    Good luck!

Agreed. If you're completely new to exercise, then you shouldn't be building your own workout.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    look for a pull/push workout with legs also. Only max on 10 reps.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Push/pull routine is good. Why max it at 10 reps though?