Can 4 days do this much damage?

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    It takes an excess of 3500 calories ABOVE your maintenance level to gain 1 pound. Did you exceed your allotment by 14,000 calories?

If not, you may be looking at a lot of water weight.

I'm just thinking about a 14,000 calorie thanksgiving meal. mmmmm
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    don't weigh so often and you won't be shocked by the disheartening (natural) fluctuations in your weight. It'll be gone by your proper weigh day and you wouldn't have had to worry about it. It won't be fat, which should be your only concern.
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Your probably just bloated, eat normal and workout. Check it in a few day. I'm sure you'll be fine..
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hopped on the scale and was up a touch over 5lbs! Put on my jeans and they even feel snug. I didn't even attempt to wear my ring finger on my little sausages. So really to run it out and get back into it again. I can't BELIEVE that I put THAT much weight on before and felt completely FINE with it....DOH!
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    That's why I do a salt free day every monday - it helps to lose the water. And with salt free I mean totaly salt free. I'm eating plain rice or with some fried veggies with no salt at all. Doesn't tast good, but it works.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    are you close to your period? I gain ridiculous amounts of weight before my period. Without Thanksgiving - add thanksgiving into the mix and I would be up quite a bit.

I wouldn't worry just go back to your normal eating and things will go back to where they should be.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of exercise leading up to the Thanksgiving feast... AND the day after Thanksgiving feast. I think it helped as I only gained 2.5 lbs. as of this morning - I was expecting more. But I am back on track today with the menu and expect to work out hard this week. Don't get discouraged...just get back on routine and keep up the good work that has gotten you this far!
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I am up too. I haven't checked yet (due to TOM) but I'm going to check tomorrow morning anyways. I will be honest, I didn't make very healthy choices and I just relaxed and enjoyed myself.

I have 19 days to get myself together (we have 19 days left of school before Christmas break!)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    This year it has happened to me 3 times that I gained weight just I ate full meals for 3-4 days. I did gain 4-5 pounds every time. Sp expect the unexpected. It really comes back so fast that is unbeliavable.
  • Sujit8383
    Sujit8383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    my weight fluctuates 2 kg's a day.........well reduce ur sodium intake for a day and see the change.........:wink:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    which is why i haven't weighed. give it some time to get back to your regular eating habits (the good ones) then it'll balance out. takes me usually a week or two, but most of it is water if not all
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    HA! there must be somethingin the air, I am up 6lbs. I know I carb'd hard and didn't drink as much water as I normally do. Knowing I didn't eat 3500 plus on top of my normal, I am chalking up it water, the evil beast of weight loss :) Give yourself a week and then check. I do that. I get a great suprise when I see the numbers back to normal and even a little less :)
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Whats your normal weigh in day? i find i fluctuate throughout the week by as much as 6lbs. Sunday is my 'lightest' day for some reason, when i get to Friday and early saturday I can be 5-6lbs heavier than I am on the Sunday.

I only weigh in once a week on the same day at the same time with the same routine. Its important to know how your body works and what fluctuations you may see but its also important to log your weight consistantly and not be detered by the number. If you know you've had a binge then dont be hopeful when you step on the scales, be determined and expect the bad news. If you've had a good week dont automatically think you've lost Xlbs, know that you've had a good week and be happy that you're one step closer to goal and better health no matter what the number.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    The average person gains 5 to 10 pounds during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. So... it is normal. However, it could be water weight from all of the sodium and carbs. Just work extra hard, and it will come off in no time.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It is probably salt! Drink up water and give it a week.
  • Cindy103
    Cindy103 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    In the same boat as everyone else! Allowed myself to enjoy the holiday! :blushing: Actually, felt like crap by the weekend, since I had been a good little girl & have been eating right & watching the portions, so eating the calorie filled treats of Thanksgiving made me sick. :drinker: On top of all of this, I have been sick with bronchitis for amost 2 weeks!! cough, cough....Ready to start fresh today!! Good luck all!!! :bigsmile:
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Dont worry your pretty little head one bit. Just keep on track and all will balance out!

One of my favorite quotes is:

Good things DO NOT come to those who wait. Good things come to those who work their *kitten* off and never give up!
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    I'm up 2 lbs. The only two pouds I lost. Needless to say I'm feeling pretty sad. But I find strength in knowing I'm not alone--and that we are all getting back on the wagon together.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'd do some detox therapy and I bet the numbers will go down FAST! I don't mean a crash diet, just cutting WAY down on sodium and sugar, increasing water and cardio, and eating mainly "clean" things (for me, that would include avoiding dairy, since it causes me to bloat majorly [lactose intolerant]). Don't fret. I think we've all "gained" a bit after Thanksgiving.
  • Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Being that both mine and my husband's parents are divorced, we had 4 Thanksgiving Dinners...and even though I tried not to over eat at any of them, the salt and sheer number of calories got me too. I watched a video of myself from yesterday and about cried because I legitimately look about 6 months pregnant due to a bloated stomach! Looking to get about 12-15 cups of water today and at least 30 minutes on the treadmill....along with going back down to 1300 calories :)