I Need Help. Please. Change. Routine. Something.

Options
I feel like I'm doing everything right. I eat heathy, I exercise, cardio and weight training, I'm determined, I read the forums, sometimes I slip up, but it's never too bad. Sometimes I fear I'm not eating enough, sometimes I think I eat too much. I've battled eating disorders and I'm super insecure. I'm 5'3" and I weigh between 120 and 125. I'm pretty sure I'm a good weight for my height, but I have friends that are thinner than me and it makes me feel terrible about myself. Unfortunately, all of my friends got their fantastic bodies by starving themselves and giving into some pretty bad eating disorders. I'm trying to help them through this. But what I really need is someone to coach me, to tell me exactly what they did to lose weight and exactly what they do to stay lean and fit. I don't necessarily think I need to lose weight, but I could lose a couple pounds and still be healthy, what I really want is some nice abs and a bikini body to be proud of. If anyone in a similar situation could offer some advice and let me in on your secret to weight loss and/or a flat stomach, please, please help. I've also learned a few things on my way, so I think I can help others as well. I'm looking to start a mutual friendship with someone who can tell me their key to success. Anyone who wants, feel free to add me and if you can give me the kind of help I'm asking for, please, I beg of you, message me. Thank you, have a lovely day :)

Replies

• wreath7
    wreath7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what to tell you except that you're very slim in that case and i'd like to be where you are, weight-wise. i am the same height, was down to 113 and wasn't eating enough, and then i ended up gaining it all back. so whatever you're doing, you might just want to maintain and i wouldn't worry about it if i were you. probably focus on what you're eating, as well, and make sure it's nutritious. maybe make your diary public?
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    One thing I learned from experience with friends is, you are who you surround yourself with. Somehow when your with these friends you are feeling insecure. Find friends who appreciate you for you and that don't make you feel so insecure :)
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Looks like your main goal is changing your body composition. That's what I'm working on right now too. That's awesome, because you get to eat more and lift more weight. I make a lot of my own foods and I've managed to get myself down to around 20% BF. Feel free to add me if you want some help!
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    secret to weight loss and/or a flat stomach

There will always be thinner people, and there will always be nothing but disappointment if you measure yourself against them.

To tone up, don't just do regular crunches. Planks, modified crunches (the amount of different crunches will make your head spin).

I'd also recommend looking into eating Paleo!