Yogurt

Options
I feel like I am always trying to find a good tasting and healthy yogurt brand. Most of them seem to have way too much sugar or taste artificially sweet to my taste buds. Anything out there that tastes good and is healthy and low in calories??

I tried Oikos, and like the flavor but its pretty rich and plain.

Any other good choices out there?

Replies

• Rainster
    Options
    If you like yogurt that isn't too sweet, try to find Siggi's. It's an Icelandic style yogurt similar to Greek, but lower in calories and fat. It comes in a few different flavors, but they are all sweetened using Agave nectar.

I believe that a 6oz container has 140 calories, 12g carbs and 0g fat.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I like the yoplait "thick and creamy" light yogurt, also trader joes plainish vanilla yogurt... can't remember the brand, I'm not sure on the sugar but yoplait's is only 100 calories and trader joes is 110 I think.. I just bought some silk soy yogurt, I haven't tried it yet though so we'll see!

~Leash :heart:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Trader joes has a flavored greek yogurt, I like the honey flavor "trader joes" brand. low carb good protein level. No artificial sweetners.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Greek Yogurt...don't try the honey though, I call it crack in a tub and I have no will power if its in the house. However, they have some terrific low fat and non-fat varieties as well as plain. Very thick and rich, I love it! And of course they have a website http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/index_flash.php#home
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of yogurt but have had to eat it in the past for the probiotics. I just do not like the "yogurt" taste................the one that I really like is the Yoplait Light Key Lime Pie. Its only 100 calories, very light, and doesn't have that overwhelming "yogurt" taste.
  • sequoia13
    Options
    i like to design my own yogurt :) just plain yogurt, my faves are jersey non fat plain yogurt and nancy's non fat plain yogurt, and i mix thawed frozen berries in it. my #1 all time fave though is totally plain yogurt with a banana sliced up in it and a little bit of real maple syrup to sweeten, however i also love it without the maple syrup, but thats a personal taste
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Greek Yogurt...don't try the honey though, I call it crack in a tub and I have no will power if its in the house. However, they have some terrific low fat and non-fat varieties as well as plain. Very thick and rich, I love it! And of course they have a website http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/index_flash.php#home

I laughed at the "crack in a tub" remark! I have two tubs in the fridge and just finished one. I"m on a high dose of an antibiotic right now so I'm trying to eat extra. The honey flavor is so good, it makes eating the extra easy. I tried to put honey in the plain but it wasn't the same. I love that "crack in a tub!"
  • leenah33
    leenah33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the cultural revolution organic yogurt. I have tried all of the 2% flavors, and you can find the nutrition info here:
    http://www.kalonaorganics.com/cr_nutri.html
    They all have a very subtle taste to them, and no crazy colors. I also do the Fage 0% greek yogurt, but with that I only buy the plain flavor and then add in my own fruit because the flavored ones are too high in sugar for me.
  • RLJAXON
    RLJAXON Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Greek Brown Cow yogurt? it is not so sweet, and tastes more "real" than artificial to me.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I get plain yogurt and add some agave nectar to it - delish!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I like plain yogurt- Dannon nonfat or lowfat or the Meijer brand (if you have a Meijer nearby, I love their plain yogurt!). Try adding frozen blueberries, a little healthy high fiber cereal or some walnuts or almonds for a really healthy, filling snack! Sometimes I make my own *chocolate* yogurt by adding in chocolate protein powder or chocolate Shakeology (from Beachbody). Tastes like chocolate pudding!

Also if you like Greek yogurt, Fage is the best and Oikos is 2nd. I just saw the other day that even Dannon has their own Greek yogurt now!