New to the site

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site and so far I think it's fantastic. I'm shocked that it's free! I used to keep myself in great shape in high school but fell off the wagon in my first year of university. I started at 175lbs in my third year, lost 30lbs in one round of P90X, but gained 15lbs back. Now in my fourth year, I have gradually worked back down to 150lbs. My biggest obstacle is emotional eating and an all-or-nothing attitude. I think this site will really help with that. Today was my first day logging in food and reading the "If everyday were like today you'd weigh this in this amount of time" message. Very motivating! Wish me luck staying on the wagon!

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!
  • rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    I too love the motavational tool of this is how much you could way in 5 weeks. Makes me want to hit my target the next day. Also if I eat some thing unhealthy and add it makes me realise how I was eating before was a lot more calorific than I thought. Now feel that lots of food, eg 800 calorie slice of cake really isn't worth it. Where as before would eat and think how bad could it be. Knowledge is power as they say. Good luck
  • Dumspiro
    Options
    Exactly! I'm really excited about how much this site is going to help. Thanks and good luck to you too!
  • Oida1310
    Options
    I ma also new here...So far I like it a lot...
    and me too...I love the motivational toll...Sometimes I am just looking forward to finish my report, to see how have I done...I feel moving, getting closer to my goal...

Rvkirk, you are right...I used to think - this or that is immocent, but now, when I see the calories, I can' t believe...Yesterday I have a slice of pizza with almost nothing (I live in Italy, hey! everybody eats pizze here!) I thought it might be 200 - 300 kcal...I was shocked, when it appeared 660 kcal...Ups...
    As you said - before I eat and think its nothing, It coudnì t have that much calories. I can take one or two...now, I know. I am surprise how many "misstake" I eat :-D thinking it doesn' t have that much calories