Good Cardio Workouts for Apartment Living:

Options
I live in a two bedroom apartment with my fiance. Its a fairly spacious apartment but I was wondering if anyone had any good workouts for apartment living. I'm not a huge fan of work-out DVDs (they just kind of get on my nerves) so I'm just looking for advice on good apartment friendly Cardio workouts! Any tips and advice would be really helpful!!!

Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If you have an Xbox they have a ton of workout games for the Kinect - they even have a zumba one! :)
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Grab your ipod and run up and down the stairs. Great for endurance and you'll work up a sweat in no time. Also, jump rope.
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I've got a gazelle aka cross trainer and a treadmill. Obv you might not want a treadmill as the noise can be very loud but the gazelle is brilliant, just takes up a bit of room. It's a bit like skiing and really good for your joints (I have knee probs) doesn't make a noise either. Hope this helps
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Put on your running shoes and go running outside.....works for people in small apartments and houses too!:laugh:
  • Thanks for the responses: The Xbox has helped some. I just get tired of doing the same things over and over. Running isn't an option for me because extremely bad knee problems (stairs are a really big no-no for me) {Basically my knees could blow out at any moment because of where they sit on their tracks, *Drs Words/Advice, not mine*} But I really appreciate all the advice!!! I love gazelles my aunt has one, but I really have no where to put it in my apartment!! I wish I did....that would be awesome! :D
  • rachjenn
    Options
    I know you say you don't like DVDs but I have some great Pilates ones. They aren't cheesy cos I'd hate that too. Shout if you want me to list them!
    Rach