Biggest Loser MFP weigh in 3/12/2008

Options
Ok so I am so excited that I had to start this post right after weighing in this morning! I have had an off week so far since my dad is in town. I have pretty much slacked off completely over the last three weeks. I did get two work outs in this week but logging food has not been happening. I had gained a couple of pounds last week which I expected, but I was not expecting to have dropped four pounds this week! Wow! I had to step on the scale again to make sure it was right and then blink a few times to make sure I wasn't having vision problems! Maybe just not stressing so much about it has helped? I don't know but I'm going to celebrate!
Start weight 149
Last week 145 (after 2 pound gain)
This week 141!
I am is pounds away from my original goal, but I changed it to 130.
I hope everyone else did well this week!
Oh and missed most of the show last night but I was irritated that they didn't show the elimination. I saw the last twenty minutes of the show. Jillian sure blew off some steam didn't she?

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am so excited that I had to start this post right after weighing in this morning! I have had an off week so far since my dad is in town. I have pretty much slacked off completely over the last three weeks. I did get two work outs in this week but logging food has not been happening. I had gained a couple of pounds last week which I expected, but I was not expecting to have dropped four pounds this week! Wow! I had to step on the scale again to make sure it was right and then blink a few times to make sure I wasn't having vision problems! Maybe just not stressing so much about it has helped? I don't know but I'm going to celebrate!
    Start weight 149
    Last week 145 (after 2 pound gain)
    This week 141!
    I am is pounds away from my original goal, but I changed it to 130.
    I hope everyone else did well this week!
    Oh and missed most of the show last night but I was irritated that they didn't show the elimination. I saw the last twenty minutes of the show. Jillian sure blew off some steam didn't she?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 188
    Weight this morning 184
    Loss of 4 lbs. since 3/4/08:happy:
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    Start weight 145 still 145. I want to shoot someone.
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Starting weight (last week) : 161.3
    Weigh-in this morning : 158.4

Almost a 3 pound loss!! :oD
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am 141 this weigh in also!!! How tall are you? My goal is 125. So I have 16 more lbs to go!!! YAH!
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    Starting weight: 185
    Last week: 178
    This week: 177

Slow and steady wins the race!:happy:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 227
    Last Week: 208
    This week: 206.4
    Loss: 1.6 :glasses:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Okay, so not that good this week. I gain 1 pound. In the 10 weeks on this site, I have lost every week so I guess it was my turn to gain. I need to evaluate my calories. I did eat alot this past Saturday and have increased my calories a little because lately I have been so hungry. I am still past my goal for this week. When I began, I figured I would be down to 197 this week so I am 2.5 ahead of where I thought I would be.

1/09/08 = 215.5
    1/16/08 = 213
    1/23/08 = 211
    1/30/08 = 207
    2/06/08 = 205
    2/13/08 = 203
    2/20/08 = 201.5
    2/27/08 = 198.5
    3/05/08 = 193.5
    3/12/08 = 194.5 - 9.7% GONE

I didn't like the fact that the show ended before we saw the results. Now I have to wait for next week. I hope Brittney stays, I like her alot. I can't believe how little Ali is. The transformation is great!!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I heard they talked about cheat days last night. I didn't catch it. Does anyone remember when they suggested to have cheat days (as soon as you start watching what you eat or when you are closer to your goal)?
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    like I said in another post, my scale is no more:cry:

but I did weigh in on sunday so I can post that....

starting weight 274.5
    Last week (wednesday) 254
    this week (sunday) 249.5

4 1/2 pound loss for half this week
    25 pounds lost total :happy:

I was really dissappointed with the show this week. I didn't care about old players coming back, that's fine. (although I was bummed that Mark's back on the show....when he first jumped Bob and started crying I was thinking "oh no, here we go with the blubbering thing again!") I was just really sad that Ali didn't wear a black shirt and actually be a part of the black team. then I was a little frustrated with Jillian when they went to the gym. it seemed like all she did was tend to Ali. the rest of the black team was just walking on their treadmills looking depressed. no wonder they didn't lose much at the weigh in!! I usually don't condone using the f-word or any other swear words, but I was so happy that Jillian told off Alison Sweeney....she's really starting to get on my nerves this season. I totally understand what Brittany's going through and the feeling of inevitable failure she's facing. It's not that she's giving up, she's just preparing herself to face what she knows is coming. as for Ali winning the weigh in, that's great that a girl won it, but I think it will be really hard for most of those girls to get big numbers from now on. especially brittany and Ali...they are both looking pretty skinny!! when the show ended without showing the elimination I was not so happy....let's justs put it that way...I don't do too well with cliff hangers....oh well....I think maybe I get a little too dramatic with this show!!

~Pam
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I heard they talked about cheat days last night. I didn't catch it. Does anyone remember when they suggested to have cheat days (as soon as you start watching what you eat or when you are closer to your goal)?
  • PammyB3130
    Options

I think Bob basically said that allowing yourself a cheat meal every week is good because it gives you something to look forward to all week so that you don't give in to higher calorie foods during the week. I don't think he mentioned if you should start doing that right away, or wait till you get closer to your goal. I would think that starting it right away would help get the ball rolling and give you some added motivation to stick to the diet throughout the week.
  • kaiyacali
    kaiyacali Posts: 175
    Options
    141 as of this week
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options

I think Bob basically said that allowing yourself a cheat meal every week is good because it gives you something to look forward to all week so that you don't give in to higher calorie foods during the week. I don't think he mentioned if you should start doing that right away, or wait till you get closer to your goal. I would think that starting it right away would help get the ball rolling and give you some added motivation to stick to the diet throughout the week.

Bob talked about cheat days - they allow the players a cheat meal after weigh in day. They work a higher calorie meal in with their regular exercise routine. He says (the same thing said here over and over) that the cheat meal boosts metabolism, gives players something to look forward to so they can resist temptations during the week, and generally is good for morale. There was no comment as to when during the season they start, but I inferred that they do that right from the beginning by the way he was talking about it.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I am at a disappointing 225.6 today. BAck on track and eating better. I am working hard to get a jump start come next weeks weigh in!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi! Can I join?
    New to site.
    As of Jan. 2nd (starting weight 194)
    I am now 176.
    Down 18 pounds. Goal is 145-150 by July 12th.
    Jennifer
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey, another challenge, i hope this is open for everyone...
    Starting weight: 227(10/07)
    Weight when i started MFP: 197 lbs(03/03/08)
    Current Weight: 192 lbs
    Weight Goal: 150 lbs