same diet everyday? need help plz

Options
hello guys

i been like 2 weeks on same diet and didnt change it but i like it and it satisfy me..im losing weight but slowly....im losing weight so far but a friend of mine said u have to change ur diet atleast every 2 weeks...

i changed it for a day and the whole cravings came back and i was abt to collapse...so today im back on my old diet.

but im still having this "stall nightmare fear" will it happen?....will 1 day i be in same weight with my current diet even though im exercising daily?
the diet is cool and i dont want to change it.

plz help !

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No reason to change it as long as you are getting enough micronutrients and hitting your macro/calorie goal.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hey thx for helping

but wat about the "if u stay on a diet for weeks u will hit a plateau"

is that true?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    hey thx for helping

but wat about the "if u stay on a diet for weeks u will hit a plateau"

is that true?

Not true at all. I have no idea where this person got this information from but it is wrong.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    wat are the main causes of plateaus btw?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    No reason to change it as long as you are getting enough micronutrients and hitting your macro/calorie goal.

^this. The only argument for variety in your diet is nutritional completeness. Eating the same foods every day won't magically stall you out if your diet is nutritionally balanced.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

eating your TDEE
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

There are two main reasons imo.

1) you are eating too much. As you lose weight, your total energy expended goes down, so unless you increase your activity, you no longer are eating less than you burn. In addition, after a while, people can get a little careless about measuring/weighing and logging intake accurately so they eat more than they think.

2) metabolic adaptation/hormonal imbalance. Dieting is hard on a body and can cause hormones to become out of whack, either causing a temporary decrease in your daily calorie expenditure and/or cause more water retention than usual, The way to mitigate this is to have a 7 - 10 day diet break every couple of months.