37 lbs down so far

Hey there -- I've spent the year working on eating better and being more active. This year, I've lost 37 pounds to date -- I'm trying to hit 50lbs lost total by the end of the year, but that may be a bit of a stretch at this point -- we will see.

I started the year at 335lbs, and am now at 297lbs -- I don't think I've been below 300 since high school -- and that was 10 years ago!

While the number on the scale keeps getting lower, sometimes its hard to really "See" the weight loss, as you see yourself every day in the mirror -- but when you compare it with a before pic, its surprising --

11493781.png

Now working on the remaining 80-ish lbs.

If anyone else in the same boat, feel free to add me as a friend -- always looking for others who are serious.

Replies

• letlethugo
    letlethugo Posts: 43 Member
    Good Job. :smile:
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Good work dude
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Great job so far. I can see a difference. If you have not done it yet, I recommend adding strength training to your routine. You may actually see a slowing of the scale drop BUT you will see inches drop. I starte at 344 in January and am now about 231... However, my pant size is the same as it was the last time I was 170. Really. It makes a big difference in the mirror. Best wishes on your continued success.
  • Thanks -- I've been doing a lot of weight lifting (bit the bullet and hired a personal trainer a few months ago). So i'm not losing as much weight as fast as I want, but I know its because I'm getting stronger and putting on muscle instead
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Awesome work, what a difference!! Keep it up, you're looking great :)
  • liapr
    liapr Posts: 648 Member
    Wow what a huge difference! You look great :) Keep up the hard work and you'll get there without a doubt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!