Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    lol. cute!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Chris, your lovely lady said to take photos... I think she meant on the last day, but my guess is that I'll have passed out.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Chris, your lovely lady said to take photos... I think she meant on the last day, but my guess is that I'll have passed out.

Ok, sounds like a good idea. I'll make sure we get some pics this arvo :smile:
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    I bet you don't have someone trying to head butt you while planking.
  • brittrose33
    Options
    This is so cute! I'm totally in. Getting my butt on the floor right now to plank.

P.S. I might review my 'cute' assessment on the 12th day!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Sing a song. You know it :smile: Credit goes to littleladylifter for a very creative little song.

On the first day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    One minute of planking

On the second day of Christmas,
    my true love sent to me
    Two wide-grip pullups
    One minute of planking

just joined today!! one min plank done....11 (1+1=2) overhead shoulder presses done!!! I don't have a bar!! ;)
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    good stuff Tara. For pullups you could do inverted bw rows. Put 2 chairs together and a broom or someother pole that is strong in between. Lay underneath, put legs out in front, body flat (is the hardest) and pull yourself up by squeezing your shoulder blades together :smile: BTW you should definitely get a pullup bar for a doorway. They are like $20 on ebay! :smile:

Proof of our pullups. I think we did a lot more than 2 but anyway :tongue:

20121211_192206.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    What can we do at home instead of weighted chins? I'll sub extra push-ups tonight.
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    8269685196_cf25986c7e.jpg

Ahhhhmmmmmm .... We had an additional challenge tonight for the planking. Head butting cat.
  • A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    not sure i can get through all 12 days but would love to try :ohwell:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    ^^^^ give it a go. What's the worst that could happen? :smile:

Nzdeevaa: LOL. Your planks are indeed harder than normal. I'd do the inverted bw rows with a broom between 2 chairs if I was you. Another great back exercise. Squeeze those shoulder blades together.

I'm sorry team but I missed day 4 as crazy busy but will double up tonight to make up for it.

I was actually thinking if you were to rest one day in between each and then do 2 days at once it's actually a really good way of increasing volume on a program :smile:
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love this!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    bump to get in on the fun starting sunday. i'll have to sub some of this stuff though because of a bum shoulder

lol @ the planking cat
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Caught up on all my stuff today. Got 4 chins at 50kg. YEW! Some pics

40kg pullupsx2x2
    20121214_174907.jpg

Keola pause benching 45kgx3
    20121214_175723.jpg
  • chrisdavey
    Options
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Tonight was my first solo day (TK is off at his Dads place) so I tried to get the tree in the shot.

8274640932_1089bcc33b.jpg
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    cute idea
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Nice Tree Nzdeevaa :)

I skipped today again and will double up tomorrow (or maybe triple up on Monday) as I'm doing a powerlifting comp tomorrow :smile:
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    This is what happens when you have to skip some days as I had a Powerlifting comp on the weekend :tongue:

4 x 1min plank
    4x2 pullups
    4x3 sets of bench (just do normal bench)
    4x4 weighted chins (30kg)
    4x5 squats 100kg
    4x6 SOHP 50kg
    4x7 Romanian deadlifts from 3" deficit 75kg
    2x8 reverse lunges
    1x9 pendlay rows 75kg

I ditched the squats though as my ankle felt funny and I did extra rows (5 sets) to have an even balance of pressing to pulling. TOUGH workout!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    ScreenHunter_109%2520Dec.%252020%252020.36.jpg

ScreenHunter_110%2520Dec.%252020%252020.38.jpg

During warmups for DL I got to 110kg and form was good but I just felt a little bit funny in lower back so I decided to switch to sumo seeing as how it's more like a squat and I'm not having any issues at all squatting. Last set is here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZ12icWfTg

Changed bench to incline weighted pushups with bent hips (half way to HSPU) And switched one set of rows to 5 sets of power shrugs :)

Are Littleladylifter and I the only ones left? Or are you all doing 12 days of catch up tomorrow? :laugh: