calorie allotment for the day

smae1980
smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone know why my calorie alottment for the day goes down when I post my weight loss? I've only lost 5 lbs

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    i'm not sure, but it could be that when you lost your weight, you entered a new bracket of your goal. did you drop into a new tens group, like 200 to 199 or 170 to 169 or something like that? as i said, i'm not sure, but i did have a similar experience when i was doing weight watchers online and i had only lost 2 pounds, so that is my educated guess. best of luck!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    I did hit 150. Thanks. will it go down periodically?
  • uriaha
    uriaha Posts: 4 Member
    The smaller you get, the less calories you need to maintain your current weight. So, in order to keep losing weight, your calorie intake has to keep going down. I'm not sure exactly what triggers the decrease here at MyFitnessPal, but my guess is it will go down every 5 pounds or so.

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    are you posting your weight on My Home>Check in? If so, it should have no impact on your calories.

if you are clicking on "goals" and changing your weight there, then the calories are going to be adjusted. I don't adjust my goals unless I am ready to lower my calories. Not a bad thing, you should adjust regularly, but when you want to update your weight, just use the "check in" link.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Yes, As you drop the weight it will also drop because you do not have as much to lose. Exercising will burn calories and you do not have to eat those calories right now unless you are in maintence and then you have to eat the burned calories to hold the weight steady. God Bless, brenda
This discussion has been closed.