My NSV! :)

Options
I have found that I need to rely on my NSV's more than anything through this journey. The scale doesn't move much for me, which can be very frustrating at times! However, I always just keep plugging along, slow and steady. :wink: I was out this past weekend in need of a pair of dress pants and was shocked to discover I fit a size 8!! I've lost 18lbs since March, but have managed to go down from a size 14 pant to a size 8!!

Replies

• ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats!! I'm starting to do the same. Looking towards NSVs instead of weight loss to see my progress. It's a hard mentality to adopt at first, but I'm determined to not let the scale get me down. How often do you weigh? Right now I do it every morning when I get up, but I'm considering only doing it every two weeks.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    woo hoo !
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The scales have been kind to me, but NSVs make it all seem real.

I'm still wearing my old jeans despite losing over 10 inches off my waist as being able to just undo my belt and letting them fall off instantly reminds me how far I've come.

Huge congratulations on your victories :smile:
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    wow! thats sweet, the scale doesnt count for as much as youd think :) ....but from a 14 to an 8!!! thats means ur body comp has changed drastically...and thats even better than that # on the scale! WTG!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats!! I'm starting to do the same. Looking towards NSVs instead of weight loss to see my progress. It's a hard mentality to adopt at first, but I'm determined to not let the scale get me down. How often do you weigh? Right now I do it every morning when I get up, but I'm considering only doing it every two weeks.

I weigh in once a week. I will go a few weeks with no loss and then step on the scale and am down 2lbs. I went all summer without any loss, it was a very frustrating few months! But I kept at my workout routine which includes both strength training and cardio.
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    wow! thats sweet, the scale doesnt count for as much as youd think :) ....but from a 14 to an 8!!! thats means ur body comp has changed drastically...and thats even better than that # on the scale! WTG!

Thank you! It is crazy how much my body has physically changed already! I can't wait to see how I look when I'm at my goal!
  • dreamchaser12
    Options
    I wish there was a 'like' option! Thank you everyone!! I've never stuck to a weightloss/lifestyle change for as long as I have this time round. I usually give up because the scale doesn't move much. But I've learned a lot from reading others experiences on here. I'm learning to celebrate all the victories along the way! I've done things I never dreamed I'd do before, like running!! I ran my first 5k back in September. I've been getting stronger and able to do more during my workouts. And I'm starting to feel more confident and smiling more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!