iPad....keyboard or o keyboard

Options
DMUND
DMUND Posts: 299 Member
Good morning. I did it, I got sucked in and got a black Friday special.....an iPad. But next purchase is going to be a nice case for it. I did get one just so I would have one, but would like to get a nice one. I have been told that the ones with the keyboard are the best. Is this true? If so, what brand do you have....pro's and con's????? PLEASE ADVISE!!!! Thanks~

ps....it's supposed to be titles "iPad....keyboard or NO keyboard"

also....any "Must Have" apps??? Please share!!!

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I work almost exclusively on my iPad now and thus needed a keyboard. I have a zagg bluetooth keyboard holder thing and love it. Was ab out $100 at Future Shop. :)
  • jessicalbeard
    Options
    I'd say the keyboard part would depend on your preference and what you will use it for. I have had my iPad for over a year now and have never used a keyboard with it. I'd love to hear what others who do have the keyboard say about it.

What kind of apps are you looking for? Of course you want the MFP app! I wish I had mine here with me at work...I could answer better...

Jessica
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in photo-editing, budget (bill organizing), pretty much anything that will make me happy :happy:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for almost a year and never felt the need for a keyboard.

A case IS an essential - not sure I've ever seen one that doubles as a keyboard though.
  • captb737
    Options
    Congratulations on your new iPad!

As the above comments have mentioned already, a keyboard option depends on your needs. If you are a student, writer, or somebody that does a lot of typing I would recommend the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. Very light and sturdy keyboard. If you decide on a keyboard, I would suggest that you cover both the iPad and keyboard with a protective film such as Ghost Armor.

Have fun with your iPad.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I prefer the on-screen keyboard. Less stuff to carry around. I've developed a great 1-hand typing method. Once you get used to it, you can zip right along with only one hand.

JM
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i have never felt the need for a keyboard, i would keep playing around with it for a while its amazing how natural it becomes.
    For sure get some type of cover for it. Enjoy!
    Free Apps:
    games are fun favorite is words with friends if you like scrabble
    news orientated apps zite and stumbleupon are fun and interesting
    calorie counter is helpful
    pepper plate
    i use evernote for logging recipes, notes etc
    for a laugh get talking ben
    lots and lots more
  • swingingmonkey
    swingingmonkey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if your looking for a great budgeting tool. Mint.ca is amazing. I use it and its safe and I swear their not paying me to say it.it allows you to make budgets and tells you if you go over. You can also see what categories you spend the most. And also give you reminders on bills and such.
  • camomama78
    Options
    Keyboard definitely if you plan on working on it a lot...if casually, then not so much. I do have a case that has a built-in keyboard. They run about $100 and are bluetooth. Much handier than trying to carry a keyboard separately :)