6 week 6 pack!

Options
Hi all, I've been doing the 30 day shred for 5 days and it is starting to get easier and I'm feeling generally better and lost a couple of lbs. I decided to do the 6 week 6 pack work out after my shred this morning and oh my god... I was dying!! I couldn't do half of the moves for the whole 30 seconds! Just collapsed in a heap on the floor! Has anyone else found it that hard? I'm ok doing the shred! Also I was wondering how often people do the 6 week six pack? Do you do it daily like the shred? I was thinking about just doing it once or twice a week on top of my daily shreds to target my stomach area. I'm going travelling in 6 weeks and want to make as much change as possible in that time. X

Replies

• myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 30DS last week and I'm now doing 6 week 6 pack. Jillian says in the video she recommends doing 6w6p 5 days a week, so that' what I'm aiming for. Even after having done 30DS I'm feeling muscle burn because of all the plank moves and the variations of them. I just finished my 2nd day of it and definitely feel yesterday's burn. :)

I think, if you prefer not to do it 5 days a week, then do it every other day until you feel you can do it every day. I wouldn't suggest doing 2 workouts in one day because your body needs to rest and recover. These workouts are pretty intense so don't overdo it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing, doing Be Fit in 90 program on youtube, thought it was too easy so started doing 6 pack abs (also on youtube), afterwards, hoooo boy, it is tough, barely made it though 1/2 of it the first time.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. I incorporate them into my regular routine (along with ballet classes and P90X) about 2-3 times per week. 6 week 6 pack is on my xmas list!
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I only do 1 at a time normally. But I also think sometimes it's too easy just doing the 20 min workout of one of them. I think maybe if you stick to 2 rest days a week it wouldn't be that bad, as you'd give your muscles time to repair themselves, but I wouldn't know for sure. Or another suggestion might be to do one of the 20 min and then do some cardio like elliptical or something for another 20 minutes or so. Maybe it will help you feel like you've gotten enough in.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I only do 1 at a time normally. But I also think sometimes it's too easy just doing the 20 min workout of one of them. I think maybe if you stick to 2 rest days a week it wouldn't be that bad, as you'd give your muscles time to repair themselves, but I wouldn't know for sure. Or another suggestion might be to do one of the 20 min and then do some cardio like elliptical or something for another 20 minutes or so. Maybe it will help you feel like you've gotten enough in.

One day while doing 30DS I thought "that wasn't tough enough" so I hopped on my exercise bike for 20 minutes afterward. That totally kicked my butt the next day!! Oh boy! LOL When in doubt that a workout isn't hard enough, add extra cardio. :)

Ripped in 30 is on my Christmas list. Along with a new, extra thick, durable mat. My flimsy yoga mat has had its beating, I think! LOL