Lemon Detox

Options
Wondering if anyone has tried the lemon detox and if so can you share your experience.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is no reason to do it. Your body naturally detoxes your body. And the OTC detoxes sell based on marketing. Just eat whole foods, fruits and veggies, have a moderate deficit and exercise.
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    The only thing I do with lemons is put several slices in hot hot water in the morning and drink. It is supposed to help with the enzymes in your liver and helps to neutralize pH balance. No detox, just straight lemon and hot hot water.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Friends of mine tried them. Even though they had the iron will to go through with it, they were miserable the entire time and were in general just.. hungry and in crappy mood. It was painful just to watch him do it. I would highly suggest not doing it

It was expensive. The ingredients for such detox's aren't cheap. Their is literally no benefit to it besides the fact that it is just another crash diet. You can do the same just drinking a glass or 2 of milk only every day.

And last but not the least, everybody I know who's tried it, regained all the weight. Without fail, they all gained it back. My closest friend who did it and gained back is now eating right and working out and is in much better shape and prefers this way since he can now eat lots of yummy foods!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The only thing I do with lemons is put several slices in hot hot water in the morning and drink. It is supposed to help with the enzymes in your liver and helps to neutralize pH balance. No detox, just straight lemon and hot hot water.
    Gives you a dose of vitamin C that's for sure. :smile:
    Your blood pH is strictly regulated and you are adding a very weak acid to your stomach's very strong HCL so I'm not sure what pH you are regulating. Some people claim taking a weak acid like lemon juice or vinegar turns off your acid pump to help with acid reflux...
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has tried the lemon detox and if so can you share your experience.

I know that the way they describe these detox diets seems like a great idea but they are not backed up by science

I would suggest that you get a basic understanding of digestion and nutrition and how your body works.

Then, when you see these ads and other articles about miracle foods and all that stuff, you will shake your head and turn the page
  • vdeanel
    vdeanel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. The fact that I seem more conflicting information about it makes me think I should just keep doing what I am have been doing because its working.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a lemon detox.

I have heard of people using limes or lemons to help get rid of fluid they may be carrying.
    lemons especially limes are a natural diuretics.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. The fact that I seem more conflicting information about it makes me think I should just keep doing what I am have been doing because its working.

Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Skip the detox as others have said. It is in NO way necessary. Stick to your plan and keep making progress as you have been. If you enjoy lemons, add some to your diet. If not, don't. Simples =)