Need some input

So after trying Insanity and not being able to get through it (bad knee) I tried ChaLEAN extreme and fell in love with it. BUT.... I need to loose about 55 lbs and I haven't been getting the results for CLX and realized it's more for toning than anything.

So to make this quick my question is; Should I find another workout program to do until I get to my goal wait and then do CLX to tone up?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    So after trying Insanity and not being able to get through it (bad knee) I tried ChaLEAN extreme and fell in love with it. BUT.... I need to loose about 55 lbs and I haven't been getting the results for CLX and realized it's more for toning than anything.

So to make this quick my question is; Should I find another workout program to do until I get to my goal wait and then do CLX to tone up?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Losing weight is a function of energy balance. Just about any workout program wil assist this process by burning calories however it is probably in your best interest to apply some form of resistance training (whether that's weights, or bodyweight movements/etc).

If you are not losing weight on a given program, then I would look at diet well before looking at the training program.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Weight loss is all about calorie deficits. But the exercise is critical not just for 'toning', but for maintaining muscle while you lose fat. It also keeps you healthy.