A little scared!

My husband, a football player/coach, has decided to start working out with me. I have been walking a couple miles a day and some light lifing but nothing to crazy strenuous. He has made weekly plans and is finding hills to sprint up. I am excited to have a work out buddy but I am not looking forward to the crazy work outs.

Replies

• change is good..embrace it
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    You have a built in trainer! Awesome. I'm jealous. Finding good support is always a major fitness challenge. Enjoy it, don't be scared and, if it's getting to intense, have an honest conversation about it after the workout.
  • jannac87
    jannac87 Posts: 13 Member
    Today's work out

Week 1-Monday
    Bench 3x10
    DB Flys 3x10
    Single Arm DB Bench 3x10
    Skull Crushers 3x10
    DB Curls 3x10
    Single Arm High Pulls 3x10
    DB Cross 3x10
    cardio- 3 mile jog
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    you are young and can probably handle it. let your body be your guide,
  • Today's work out

Week 1-Monday
    Bench 3x10
    DB Flys 3x10
    Single Arm DB Bench 3x10
    Skull Crushers 3x10
    DB Curls 3x10
    Single Arm High Pulls 3x10
    DB Cross 3x10
    cardio- 3 mile jog

Hey great workout. Matter of fact I am stealing it. Not sure if I can pull it off but am willing to give it a go. GL.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Don't be scared. To be honest, short intense workouts for cardio are better then a long time of just walking. It will also help you build up speed and endurance. The weight will also come off faster.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Remind him that this might not be what keeps you motivated and maybe offer just a day or two a week at the start and see how it goes.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    I would hope that he gives you enough time to adjust to each new challenge and doesn't just burn you out. You might talk with him about his expectations and yours to make sure you're on the same page.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    It looks great. An at home personal trainer - GO FOR IT! Just remember to do what you can - don't be too easy on yourself, but don't think you have to kill yourself on your first week. Find the right weights for you and work it girl!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    I'll be honest....Sounds a little intense and it's going to suck while you're doing it and maybe even after....with the muscle aches. But you know what? When you're done you're going to feel that sense of accomplishment. Each time you go out there you will notice your body getting stronger and you'll begin to see that you have more endurance. It's an amazing feeling!!! :D Don't quit before you even try. Also, a workout like this will help you torch serious calories!
  • Don't be scared, you can always tell him if it's too hard for you or you want a little rest stop. You'll eventually get better at it, we all start somewhere. Good luck!
  • jannac87
    jannac87 Posts: 13 Member
    My arms are jello!! But I made it! Just cardio tomorrow
  • Stay encourage, I wish I had someone to motivate me and work out with.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    I love working out with my hubby! He's the best at keeping me motivated. Not saying he's not highly inappropriate alot of the time, but he usually picks the right time to make me laugh!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    As long as he doesn't push you way to hard then you are soooo lucky! A lot of us would love to have our man workout with us!