Endomondo Users, Heart Rate Monitor?

Options
I've been using endomondo to keep me motivated. I really want to get a heart rate monitor, but I'm torn between the Polar FT4 or FT7 OR getting the Polar Wearlink+ with bluetooth that should work with Endomondo.

Anyone here using the heartrate monitor with Endomondo? Is there a way to import the regular polar data to Endomondo later?

Replies

• Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 in Pink and use it along with Endomondo.....Endomondo only registers about half of my calories burnt compared to my HRM.
  • Jaytee79
    Jaytee79 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I se a FT4, that way I can use whichever running app I feel like at the time....and never be limited to just one that can sync with a specific HRM.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    You can edit your exercise data on Endo using the average and max heart rate data from the polar. You just don't get the data line in your graph for HR. You get a different calorie burn number as they use different formulas. I use a Timex that imports to Endo and have a polar FT7 I use to use and will saw that the calories burned on Endo come out similar to the Timex and a couple of online calculators but the polar always came out lower than the others.

Never used the HR straps for Endo but you should get similar data as inputting your HR info by hand as Endo does the calculating in either case.